rbose is on a distinguished road
Nice P337

New P337 on Barnstormers.

https://www.barnstormers.com/classif...master-ii.html
Unread 09-23-20, 10:35 PM

KLRDMD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbose View Post
I have an agreement to buy that one as of a few hours ago.
Unread 09-25-20, 11:27 AM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRDMD View Post
I have an agreement to buy that one as of a few hours ago.
Let us know how it goes!
Unread 09-25-20, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
Let us know how it goes!
I'll get it in a couple of weeks. Previously I owned N70S, the current owner is here. I'm looking forward to the upgrades to the '76 model from the '74 and N285 has far superior avionics than I had in N70S.
Unread 09-26-20, 08:29 PM

rrolland is on a distinguished road
Did not take long to sell... Welcome back to P337 ownership Ken.
Unread 09-26-20, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrolland View Post
Did not take long to sell... Welcome back to P337 ownership Ken.
I'm looking forward to it.

I was looking for a P337 that had actually flown recently, at least a reasonable amount and ideally a lot.

The first set of logs I examined, that airplane had flown 16 hours in the last 6 years. Nope.

The next set of logs showed that airplane had flown 64 hours in the last 20 years. Nope.

This one has flown almost 800 hours in the last 6 years. This is the airplane to buy! And it has very nice updated, mostly new avionics.
Unread 09-27-20, 08:50 AM

My P337 came off the production line shortly after N285 which has serial number 228. I own N289 which is serial number 233. You should have the larger tank capacity (150 USG) and a number of small mods such as the parking brake handle on the sidewall opposed to on the panel.

Looking at the pictures of N285 looks like it has the gear door delete mod. The AC intake below the fuselage does not appear to be the Riley type. Is it AE?

It is really good that the aircraft has been flying. Hope all goes well and you enjoy flying it.
Unread 09-27-20, 09:12 AM

Quote:
My P337 came off the production line shortly after N285 which has serial number 228. I own N289 which is serial number 233. You should have the larger tank capacity (150 USG) and a number of small mods such as the parking brake handle on the sidewall opposed to on the panel.

Looking at the pictures of N285 looks like it has the gear door delete mod. The AC intake below the fuselage does not appear to be the Riley type. Is it AE?

It is really good that the aircraft has been flying. Hope all goes well and you enjoy flying it.
Yes, 148 gallons usable with the parking brake as you mention. It is Keith A/C. I had Riley A/C in my previous P337.
Unread 09-28-20, 12:03 PM

Multimotor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm looking forward to it.

I was looking for a P337 that had actually flown recently, at least a reasonable amount and ideally a lot.

The first set of logs I examined, that airplane had flown 16 hours in the last 6 years. Nope.

The next set of logs showed that airplane had flown 64 hours in the last 20 years. Nope.

This one has flown almost 800 hours in the last 6 years. This is the airplane to buy! And it has very nice updated, mostly new avionics.
Would you mind sharing which those two Skymasters are? It might save other shoppers some time reviewing logbooks.
Unread 09-28-20, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimotor View Post
Would you mind sharing which those two Skymasters are? It might save other shoppers some time reviewing logbooks.
I just checked my notes so I have accurate times.

This one has flown 41 hours in the last 15 years:

https://skymaster.com/product/1979-cessna-p337h/

This one has flown 167 hours in the last 10 years:

https://www.howardaircraft.com/inven...raft+Inventory

They both appear to be good airplanes. If you can negotiate the right deal in preparation for a fair amount of maintenance and you don't mind having the airplane down frequently for maintenance the first few years, they are probably worth evaluating. But that doesn't meet my needs.
Unread 09-28-20, 05:26 PM

Multimotor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just checked my notes so I have accurate times.

This one has flown 41 hours in the last 15 years:

https://skymaster.com/product/1979-cessna-p337h/

This one has flown 167 hours in the last 10 years:

https://www.howardaircraft.com/inven...raft+Inventory

They both appear to be good airplanes. If you can negotiate the right deal in preparation for a fair amount of maintenance and you don't mind having the airplane down frequently for maintenance the first few years, they are probably worth evaluating. But that doesn't meet my needs.
Thanks. You certainly got the better deal.
Unread 10-10-20, 09:43 PM

The paint and interior are acceptable but the pedigree and maintenance are outstanding. It was owned and maintained by the Forest Service for many years. It has mid time engines with 100+ hours per year flown, low time props. It is very well equipped with intercoolers, rear engine cooling mod, main gear door delete, Keith A/C and a full Robertson STOL kit. Avionics are also good with new dual Garmin 275s, a GTN650, GTX345 and S-Tec 65 A/P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1794.jpg (996.7 KB, 1039 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1808.jpg (821.2 KB, 1048 views)
Unread 10-13-20, 05:42 PM

Looking good Ken. Now that you have flown it, how does it compare to your previous P337?
Unread 10-13-20, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Looking good Ken. Now that you have flown it, how does it compare to your previous P337?
Everything is different. The avionics are much nicer in this P337 than my previous one although the paint and interior were better in my first one. This one has Keith A/C which is better than the Horton A/C in my previous one and likewise the R/STOL in this is better than the Horton STOL in my previous one.

I'm still getting the sight picture down as this one takes off and lands about 25 kts slower than my first one. I rotate at 52 KIAS. Full performance calls for rotation at 43 KIAS. I fly short final at 60 KIAS where the full performance landing calls for 60 KIAS gradually slowing to 43 KIAS at touchdown.

Coming from an S35 Bonanza, the handling COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT!!! This sucker is heavy and ponderous. There is also the illusion of lack of speed in cruise. I look at the airspeed indicator and see 150-160 KIAS (I fly 65% power, LOP) but across the ground it just doesn't look like it is moving that fast.
Unread 10-14-20, 07:47 AM

The takeoff and approach/landing speeds with the Robertson STOL kit sound incredible. I have the Horton kit. I rotate at around 60 and usually cross the threshold at 70 and then let the speed decay until touchdown also at around 60. I am sure that there is still some lift there and I could probably be slower. There is no data in the POH associated with the Horton.

The P Skymaster needs to go high to get the speed. At low altitudes like 3 to 5 K, it does around 160 or so at 65% power. It really starts to get better at 10K and above. And it really shines in the 14 to 17 K range. Engines are also happy there with CHT's in the mid 300's in ISA +20 weather and cowl flaps closed.

I actually like the feel of the controls. I am sure that they feel heavy compared to a Bonanza. They are heavier than what I had on my previous type, a Rockwell 114, but to me at least well harmonized and provide a steady feel that is really good for what the airplane is designed for: travel. The elevator is quite powerful due to its size.

Richard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: