Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-10-22, 07:58 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
inter-tank fuel connection

I have normally aspirated E model with the tank set up of two outer main tanks and one inner aux tank. The two outer tanks are interconnected by 1 inch diameter hose. Said hose now 50 yrs old, dry and hard with some cracking. So I am replacing while I have wing panels off for CiES probe installation and fuel vent repairs.

Trying to go down the certified pathway. Part number called out in parts manual S1495-6 is superceeded and superceeded yet again. Tracked that to a final number R2211486. Ordered through Yingling (which required a release of my tail number from cessna) and what came is very far off in size.

Even generic fuel hoses this size are pretty expensive currently (charging per the inch!). Not much room for experimentation. Just wondering what anyone else ended up doing. I guess I can buy a non certified hose of the correct diameter and make it work but would like to duplicate original as much as possible. Part number and supplier helpful.

Or I just might buy parker 1 inch fuel hose?
Unread 07-14-22, 07:05 PM

Jhogan0101 is on a distinguished road
I think you have the wrong part number. The part number you are referencing is for the fuel vent. The hose you need is s51-16. I replaced mine 5 years ago and purchased from these guys https://aircrafthosestore.com/

on another note, i replaced my fuel gauges with cies last year and went through a lengthy process making it right. Make sure the ones you get are oriented the same as your OEM including the arm lengths. If they send you the arms that go left to right you will have inaccurate results. I linked mine to a aerospace logic gauge and am quite satisfied with the results. Feel free to call if you have any questions. 215-260-6553. J

Last edited by Jhogan0101 : 07-14-22 at 07:09 PM.
Unread 07-16-22, 08:49 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I stand corrected for that typo: yes the original part number is s51-16.

I have used The Aircraft Hose Store on multiple hoses now and they are quick and on the spot. I was thinking about going to them. But I was up to my hips with Yingling so finished this up with them.

A call with Yingling and their coordination with Textron: the superceeded and yet again superceeded item number now is hose R221489. Textron sent them a supply and they cut some off for me. It arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the tip on the CiES probes. I had the pennycap impedance system originally, so no old float arms to look at. When you say "left-right" do you mean the probes that are designed for side mount with an arc that swings up down but if installed on top would swing left right? Then good I don't have those. Or are you talking about what "o'clock" rotation to place the top of tank adapter plate in? I figured orienting the swing arms for the floats pointing aft was better functionally than left or right. Sounds like I'm guessing right or having good luck. But there were alot of calls to CiES in advance during build up and they admit a learning curve on the 337. You mav have broken them in!
Unread 07-16-22, 10:56 AM

Jhogan0101 is on a distinguished road
Good on the hoses.

The holes to the cies units are keyed, there is only one way to install them into your existing holes . Make sure the ends of the arms (floats) are pointing aft!