Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-22-02, 11:10 AM

p25416 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Skymaster Center?

Any of you guys have experience at the "Skymaster Center" in South Carolina?...He has a web site and several for sale.

http://www.skymaster.com/

Thanks.

Kevin in AZ.
Unread 10-22-02, 03:10 PM

A guy called Bill Crew??

I have twice been offered an aircraft by this guy and on both occasions have been really interested but as soon as I ask for details (even the most basic ones) he evaporates. Seems very weird indeed but I would appreciate some feedback from other members. Good or bad.

Rob.
Unread 10-23-02, 01:05 AM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
Although I have never met Bill Crews in person, I did buy an aircraft from him. I told him what I was looking for and he started a search.

He did find a US registered plane in Greece that fit my requirements, but having no experience foreign maintained aircraft, I turned him down. Furthermore, the logs were literally written in Greek.

Shortly thereafter he notified me of a domestic aircraft that fit the bill. I was able to move on it quickly and was happy with the purchase. Since I was very busy at the time, he arranged for 3 separate ferry pilots to accommodate my needs. For me this was very helpful.

I found him to be honest and responsive - but I have heard of others with unhappy stories. One acquaintance that sold his plane through Bill Crews, said they agreed to a fixed percentage commission. After the sale he accused Bill Crews of having sold the plane for more than he reported - and keeping the difference. I have no facts to substantiate this accusation. Since this acquaintance has exhibited some air-headedness in other situations, I would take his story with a grain of salt.

Bottom line – I am happy and would have no hesitation to use him again. But of course, there are basic things you always must do – even if you’re buying an aircraft from your mother. This includes a competent pre-purchase inspection and a title search.
Unread 10-23-02, 01:02 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Angry mixed opinion

I purchased a plane through him...got mixed opinion. Happy on one hand but also feel all was not what was presented. Will be happy to discuss but not on the board.
Jerry
Unread 10-23-02, 04:28 PM

Please feel free to email me for my opinion.

I strongly advise getting a copy of the aircraft registration and maintenance history for any airplane you may be considering. The FAA offers this information on a CD-ROM for $5. It takes about 5 business days to get the CD.

Bob
Unread 10-23-02, 05:44 PM

RWA,

I would like to email you as you offered but your address is not available on the board. Mine is. Perhaps you could email me?

Tks,

Rob.
Unread 10-23-02, 05:46 PM

p25416 is an unknown quantity at this point
Skymaster Center

RWA,

I had the same problem. You are welcome to email me or provide your address. Thanks.

Kevin
Unread 10-23-02, 06:08 PM

Sorry about that. I must have checked the no-email option when I joined. I've updated my settings so you should be able to reach me now.

Bob