Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-25-03, 07:41 PM
Keven

AOPA Expo in Philly 10/03

Is anyone going to this expo next week?

I'm going for a seminar for lawyers the day before it begins at the convention center, so I'm going to stay and see what it has to offer the first day.

Regardless, does anyone have any suggestions on the best GA airport to fly into? Ease, accessibility, fuel and tie downs prices, etc.?

Thanks,

Keven
________
WENDIE 99

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 10-26-03, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Keven:

The AOPA website has a whole page on Expo (which, by the way starts Oct. 30), including fly-in procedures. Designated airports are PHL and PNE. PHL is closer to you and, interestingly, has cheaper fuel ($3.09) according to AirNav.com. Nearby airports have lower prices (down to $2.45) but the spread seems too small and the distance to Philly seems too far to be worthwhile.

Ernie
Unread 10-26-03, 05:09 PM
Keven

Ernie:

Thanks for the info. I'm coming to the same conclusion. I'm going in Tuesday for a seminar, so I'll miss the madness getting there with all of the other expo traffic, it's getting out that I'm trying to arrange now.

Oddly enough, PHL is actually cheaper for gas (and if you buy 20 gallons or more, they reduce the price down to $2.84/gal) than PNE and they also waive the first night tie down fee of $35.00. Atlantic at PNE isn't giving any price break on fuel, and no waivers of $18.00 night tie down fee with purchase of fuel. Thus, everyone be aware if you're headed there. This is NOT what was mentioned on the AOPA site last time I looked. It mentioned a PNE tie down waiver with purchase of fuel.

Also, since I'm going in a day or two before the free Expo shuttles start to run, it's much cheaper for me to hop on the train at PHL rather than pay $40 for a cab to my hotel.

And besides, it's been 9 months since I've actually had to do a full standard departure procedure. It'll be good for me.

I was hoping some local pilot might have a super secret airport or idea around the masses. Guess not.

Keven
________
Mary jane

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:04 PM.