Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-29-16, 01:47 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Sk337-14

I was looking through the MM on my T337C, and noticed wording on figure 10a-8 (turbo pic) that says something like the fact that there are two controllers is up til serial number 0979. Then there is only one controller, the rate of change controller is eliminated. Then it goes on to say that controller is gone for all models serviced in accordance with Sk337-14. OK, google do your thing...hmmm, not much. Looks to be a service kit, and the title is engine boost. but what is it, when can you apply it. oes it really get rid of one controller plus give an engine boost.

Anyone have any data on that SK?
Unread 11-29-16, 10:19 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Rob
Google up SK337-14A I found the parts list which looks like they are adding an over boost valve but I didn't have time to look for instruction to see if you remove anything
Kim
Unread 11-30-16, 01:27 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Sk

Kim,

I'm slightly embarrassed to say that until yesterday when I posted this, I had not even heard of service kits. Specifically because I am interested in this one, but in general, can you give us all a primer on where to find the list of SK for the 337, and how you tell which ones can be applies to which models (or serial numbers)?

On this particular one, it sounds (based on your post, plus what I saw in MM) that you replace the rate of change controller with a valve....sounds like it would save time at overhaul (ie one less controller to overhaul). plus I'm guessing they had other reasons for the retrofit that might be beneficial. So I am interested in digging into it further.

Robert