Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-10-12, 03:36 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Oshkosh

Anyone out there planning to attend AirVenture? It's right around the corner and I haven't seen any posts about it.

I am tentatively planning to attend Monday. Will be landing Appleton or Fon du Lac in order to depart after the concert. I will be returning for the weekend on Friday and parking at Vintage Camping on runway 36-18. Lets try to make contact and get together. Hope to see you there.

616-401-3637 cell

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 07-10-12, 11:10 PM

bjherron is on a distinguished road
Herb,
I am planning to fly out for a day, probably Wednesday. We'll fly out from KARB, go check out the vendors and walk around, then come back that night.

Brian
Unread 07-11-12, 09:18 AM

awilps is on a distinguished road
Newbie would love to catch up

Herb,

I will be at AirVenture for the entire week. My wife works for the FAA, and she runs the Aviation Education Programs going on over at KidVenture, next to the pioneer airfield grass strip. I usually get roped into helping her and the other great FAA folks with the various activities. I will probably be helping out with showing kids how to work on aircraft engines there. In between, I plan to hit as many seminars and forums as I can for my real job doing ISR with O-2A's. I sure would love to meet you and any other SOAPA folks, seeing as how I am new to the O-2A world. Open invitation to all to join me for a cold one, or some hangar flying! We stay in Appleton at night, but if anyone would like to connect during the day or after, give me a call on my cell anytime 603-759-5321.

Aidan
Unread 07-16-12, 05:01 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
Present planning looks like we'll be in VAC from Saturday afternoon to Thursday morning. Visitors, of course, are always welcome.
Unread 07-19-12, 12:59 PM

loy53 is on a distinguished road
Oshkosh

I will be at AirVenture Monday & Tuesday
cell 815-867-7318

Howard
Unread 07-22-12, 11:50 AM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
Camping in VAC adjacent to ultralight runway & S. FAA FSS.
Unread 07-25-12, 10:34 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Had a good visit with Steve and Sandy on Monday at AirVenture. Thanks Sandy for all the hospitality and drinks. I hope those Metro Warbirds weren't too distracting

Larry and I will be returning to OSH on Saturday for more festivities at the mighty AirVenture. Anyone else still around or planning to come in give us a call and maybe we can get together.

616-401-3637

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 07-29-12, 09:45 PM

bjherron is on a distinguished road
I went up Wednesday morning. Air Traffic was insane, and I had a nice 20 knot 90 degree crosswind for my morning landing. Stayed all day and flew back after the airshow. I saw four parked O2’s and another skymaster parked in the north 40 by me. I was parked all the way in the back in row 632.

It was my first time at Oshkosh, but had a good time.

Brian
Unread 08-02-12, 06:39 PM

Mayhemxpc is on a distinguished road
OSHadventure

I was one of those O-2's over in Warbirds. On Thursday, the gray camo-patterned O-2 left and was replaced by a pre-1971 C-337 painted up as an O-2B. The pilot was trying to sell the plane and figured he would get more interest by parking it there, rather than in Vintage. Can't argue the logic in that.

Aiden/Awilps, if you were there on Thursday, why didn't you come to the O-2 forum at the WB briefing room? It is always a great opportunity to share experiences in (mostly maintaining) the O-2. Subjects are usually O-2 specific type things, sometimes things more generally applicable to Skymasters (e.g., in previous years, the infamous SID.) We may be the least snobby of all warbird owners (and with good reason.)

I was there the whole week. I wish that I had checked here before I left. I would have certainly contacted you all.

-- Chris
Unread 10-03-12, 08:32 AM

awilps is on a distinguished road
Hi guys, sorry I didn't get a chance to catch up with all of you Oshkosh. I was out there, but wasn't aware of the O2 briefing (dang!). I really wanted to make the SOAPA gathering, but unfortunately, work prevailed. Hope all is well and you had a great time!