Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-20-07, 07:27 AM

ConwayB is an unknown quantity at this point
Request for performance figures

Hello all,

I am interested in obtaining a C337 and ferrying it to Australia.

I have spoken to some veterans of this adventure and they advised that I get some good performance figures before getting too involved with the paperwork.

Can any of you supply me with PDFs of some of the charts/graphs from the flight manual used for performance planning?

Furthermore, can any of you provide info on the following:

Average fuel consumption at MAUW.
One engine inoperative TAS you can expect at mid level alt (7000)
Any other performance data that is available, preferably items that are in print.

Thanks in advance.
Conway
Unread 01-20-07, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
You're asking for a lot, especially without knowing the year and type of Skymaster (turbo?). If you don't get good answers, I suggest you use the "Search" feature of this Message Board to look at data that has been posted before. I did a search on "airspeed" and "consumption" and got several threads of interest, with "Long range flight with rear engine only" being one of the best. In other threads I think that you will find data on what member's aircraft are doing in terms of airspeed and consumption, which is valuable because it reflects current aircraft with less than perfect airframe (more drag) and older engines (less horsepower, more consumption) compared to the optimum arrangements used when the manufacturer published the information.

But there is additional data -- some of it exactly what you're looking for -- available by just doing a little more research on the Internet. If you Google "Skymaster" and "performance" the first link is "www.skymaster.org.uk/perform.asp", which has a table of performance for different models. BTW. that link can also be found by clicking in the Home page of this site on "Web Sites", then clicking on the very first site listed, and then clicking on "Performance Figures".

So, you can probably find most of the published data you seek by yourself without much work. Then you might come back here to fill in holes, making sure you identify the year and model of Skymaster of interest.

Ernie
(Webmaster)