Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-27-03, 01:03 AM

stevecarey is an unknown quantity at this point
C 336 information

Dear Members,
G'Day from Australia !
According to the board, I am the newest member, thanks for allowing me in.
I am about to undertake a C336 restoration. The a/c is some 800 kms from where I live and has been abandoned. My problem is that I cannot find out what the wheel track (distance between the main wheels) is for the 336. There are no books at all with the machine and no-one at the site I can ask to go measure it up. I would guess it is possibly the same as a 337, but, the 337 is a retractable and may have a narrower track. My Cardinal has a track of 7' 10" and a 182 I recently measured was 9' 1". I have tried to work it out from a photo and guestimate that the track, between the centres, is 8' 9"............the catch to it all is that I must take a truck out to retrieve the machine and I want to be sure it is wide enough or put other options in place BEFORE I get there. Can anyone help with this info ? Also, in the front of most (all ?) Cessna Owners Manuals there is a set of front, top and side, line drawings with airplane dimensions shown, is there any chance that some-one could email me that page ? it would help with the logistics of the rescue as we will be able to make accurate diagrams for trucking purposes.
Guys, I would be really grateful for this info and would again like to thank you for allowing me to sign up with your great website.
My email address is <stevo_carey@yahoo.com>
many thanks and best regards from Australia !

Steve Carey
Unread 05-27-03, 09:53 PM

davidh is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel Track / Line Drawings

Wheel track on the 336 is 8'2", same as on the 337. That mesurement is tire centerline to tire centerline. Be sure to add the width of the tires and wheel pants (if installed) for total width.

I'll try to send the drawings to you tomorrow night, unless you get them from someone else before then.
Unread 05-28-03, 02:31 AM

336 Information

Dear David,
Many thanks for the info, it helps a lot. I had an email from Mike at this forum who advises he has "the books" I will need which is great. I will post some pics of the machine as soon as I am able. The 336 in question is serial no. 5 built JAN 64, it has the rear engine mod'd to swing out of the way for loading drums etc thru the rear firewall. I greatly appreciate your assistance with this and look forward to participating in the forum.
Thanks again and best regards from Australia

Steve Carey
Unread 05-28-03, 08:29 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve
If you are still to wide by a foot or so, unbolt the axel from the gear leg with the 4 bolts and put the wheel on the inside and bolt the axel back on. It looks a little funny but it will fit on most trailers this way.
Fred N358
Unread 05-31-03, 04:38 PM

C336 Iformation

Dear Fred E,
Thanks for that !!! The thought crossed my mind to do it this way but as the airplane is a fair distance away, I couldn't go and check it out, I wasn't sure if the tire this way around would contact the bend in the leg. It makes a huge difference as it brings the width back to around 7' 4".
Thanks again for the info and best regards from Oz !
Steve Carey