Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-27-03, 09:04 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Nashville Review

I'm starting a new thread on Nashville, so people who attended can add their comments.
First, the Folks at CFM did a wonderful job of putting us all together, providing a lot of wheel chocks. With the threat of weather, many of us went out on Wednesday night and tied down the planes. Many thanks to Jim Stack for getting rope. While it proved not necessary on Thursday, it certainly was necessary on Friday. The hotel lost power during the storm on Friday.

The presenters did a great job, and IMHO, the discussions centered on the topics being presented, and were food for thought for many months to come. There were widespread discussions. The variety of A/C attending was incredible.

My presentation on owner assisted annual went over fairly well.
Jim Stack did a great job on covering AD's, and Alan, in discussion, offered lots of information on the SPAR AD.
Ernie Martin's presentation, done by me in his absence, was well received. Ernie, I didn't delete the picture.
Scott Smith covered ASN, and his later presentation on insurance was both well received, and extremely informative.
Not everyone will fly the atlantic, but Brian's presentation provided ALL then answers if you were considering it. Also, his use of Radar Altimeter was extremely informative. I never thought of doing what he did.
Owen Bell talked about the STC's that are currently available, and their benefits, as well as projects he is currently working on.
We can not thank John Black, from TCM, enough for his very thorough presentation. His suggestion for hot start was used by me on Saturday.

I'd really like it if the other people who attended offered their assesment of the meetings.

Thanks
I'll upload some more pictures today.
Larry
Unread 04-27-03, 09:24 AM
Web Master

Jerry

Oh, and of course, Jerry DeSantis did a great job of organizing this event, and leading the discussion on going forward.
Unread 04-27-03, 01:39 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE LARRY, IT SOUNDS LIKE THOSE OF US THAT WERE NOT THERE REALLY MISSED A LOT OF GREAT PRESENTATIONS, INFORMATION AND NOT TO LEAVE OUT THE CHANCE TO MINGLE AND GET TO KNOW OTHER 337 DRIVERS. IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO INCLUDE THE PRESENTATIONS ON THE WEB SITE THAT WOULD BE GREAT. HOT STARTS? WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE. I THINK ALL OF US ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ORGANIZATION NEED TO RELIZE HOW MUCH WORK JERRY AND THE OTHERS DID TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESS. HUGE AMOUNTS OF TIME TO PREPARE EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT ALL GO SMOOTH. WE NEED TO GIVE YOU AND JERRY AND EVERY ONE WHO PRESENTED AND TOOK TIME OUT OF THEIR BUSY SCHEDULE A HUGE THANK YOU.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

NOW FOR THOSE OF YOU LIKE ME THAT DID NOT MAKE THIS FUNCTION LET'S SUPPORT MORE EVENTS LIKE THIS SO THAT OTHERS WILL BENEFIT.

BTW
I AM REALLY GLAD I DID NOT TRY TO COME DOWN THURSDAY AM AND COME BACK WHEN I HAD TO. THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME.

DID I HERE TALK ABOUT MACKINAC ISLAND? I'M READY.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 04-27-03, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Nashville Presentation On-line

hharney:

My presentation on how to save money when buying parts is on-line at my "backup" Skymaster website; address is www.SkymasterUS.com

Ernie Martin

Last edited by Ernie Martin : 04-06-04 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 04-27-03, 06:01 PM
Web Master

janitrol heaters

I hope I spelled that right. I don't have one. One tip from Owen Bell, for those who have Janitrol heaters, is to install a Hobbs meter on the heater. It's probably old news to those of you who have them, but apparently there are service requirements based on useage. If you have a hobbs for the heater, that useage is not tied to the airframe, but rather to the actual heater useage
Unread 04-27-03, 09:07 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
Nashville

Well, for one (I guess I should say two), Jenny and I had a great time in Nashville. Accolades to Jerry for the effort he put into making this happen.

This event was great both as an information exchange and as a social event. Jenny and I hope we will be able to attend the next one. Jenny said she'd like to see some more wives there.

Just want to say "Hi!" to all our new friends (and to your birds). Looks like we have some pretty nice ships with some nice owners.

We had a good trip back to Richmond (The boss was PIC). We actually saw about four clouds... really different from what we saw in Nashville.

Looks like Larry is being a little bashful. We enjoyed your presentation on owner assisted annuals, too. Good Job!
Unread 04-27-03, 10:57 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I'm beginning to think I should dub Larry official event photgrapher for Nashville 2003!

A third group of photos is IN THE PROCESS OF begin posted. If I understood Larry correctly, the middle of the group "arty" shots, which Larry titled "fins" were shot by Mary, Paul Rooy's friend.

You can find all of the pictures at

http://www.337skymaster.com/nashville2003pics.htm

If you don't see the third group yet, check back tomorrow or later tonight, as the update is still in progress.

Kevin
Unread 04-28-03, 12:56 AM
Peyton

Peyton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Great Meeting! After 25 years flying Skymasters, I still learn more.

Thanks to Jerry for doing a super job setting this meeting up, to Larry for the photos and to all the presenters. This was my first meeting but will not be my last.

Good to meet you all and to make the new friends. Looking forward to next year.

Fly Safe!!
Unread 04-28-03, 09:45 AM
Web Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kevin
I'm beginning to think I should dub Larry official event photgrapher for Nashville 2003!

Kevin
Thanks, buying my wife a new camera was one of my better decisions.
Ranks right up there with the new AeroEnhancements panel with eyebrow lights for each instrument I bought her
Unread 04-28-03, 11:32 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
She is a very lucky woman to have a considerate pilot like you as a husband...

kevin
Unread 04-28-03, 02:31 PM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I Was There

You talk about sad,
I flew all the way to Nashville, 640 miles, George Blom and I. Had a nice evening with the group. Thought we could get 2 good days of meetings before leaving. When we got up in the morning to hard rain and storms. We called home to see if we could stay another 2 days, all hell broke loose. Both our businesses demanded we get back by Friday morning. That was not going to happen, with the storm moving east to Penna. We had to leave right then or wait until Monday to fly. So we made the trip to the airport to watch the weather radar. We got the opening we needed, called flight service to verify the go or no go.
We took off & had a very nice flight back to Scranton, Pa with 30 knot tail winds. I would have rather stayed for the whole meeting thing. If I say the hell with the business then I would not have the money to fly. The old catch 22 thing. Maybe next year.
Dale Campbell
Unread 04-28-03, 02:38 PM
Web Master

Thanks

Thanks Dale.
Everyone wondered what happened to you, and no one knew. This settles the mistery. Glad the trip back was a safe one.
Unread 04-28-03, 07:20 PM

SkylaneDriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thanks for everyones input!

Greetings All,

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Skymaster drivers (and wives) that provided valuable advice on moving up to a P337.

I wish that I could have gotten there before Saturday morning - but better late than never!!!!

Maybe I'll see everyone in Mackinaw....

Thanks Again,

Bill Swonger
(the 182 guy in shorts on a cold day!!!)

Toledo, Ohio
Unread 04-28-03, 09:14 PM

Wink Nashville

I had a great time, enjoyed meeting a great group of people, thought that the seminars were meaningful, particularly found Brian's presentation about his trips to Europe extremely enlightening and entertaining. I look forward to attending another meeting. Jerry did an outstanding job of organizing the event. I hope that this will be the begining of a true "Skymaster Society" The weather did not permit a flight back to FRG (Long Island) on Saturday. I flew on the west side of the weather after I left MQY and had a pleasant flight to PIT with about an hour of IMC and arrived to a beautiful evening in Pittsburgh. I could not believe how quiet PIT was. except for the Dodger's 727 I was the only airplane at the FBO that night. Continued back home to FRG in the morning and finally enjoyed an 11 knot tailwind! Hope that everyone had a safe flight home. Richard Moses 5222T
Unread 04-30-03, 09:03 AM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 2003 Fly in...

Hi guys, had a great time at the fly in and it was quite informative too. Enjoyed being able to put a face with a name. Sunday was a beautiful day to return home. It took 5.9 on the hobbs with one stop in Hazleton Pa. Guy, the old 72 driver.... N1312L, the white green and gold one..

Last edited by Guy Paris : 04-30-03 at 09:08 AM.