Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-11-16, 04:26 AM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Rear Engine Mounting

Guys

Can you assist me with a question I have regarding a single washer installation on the rear engine mounting bolt.

Looking at the attached picture, in detail "A" it shows a washer (item 7 on the illustration) mounted between the Lord mount and actual engine mount.

On my aircraft this was not there when we removed the rear engine, also the parts book only says 1 is required total.

Now the new engine is installed with all new mounts, nuts, bolts etc. My question is why would the parts book only stipulate 1 washer to be fitted to this location and not on the 3 other mounts?

In the parts book it always refers to multiples when looking at bolts nuts etc for the rear engine mounting, just not this washer.

Before I tension the rear engine mounts, I would like to understand if this single washer is installed on other 337's (non turbo) if so why only 1 washer on the right hand side rear mount. As mentioned it was not originally there when we removed the engine which was factory installed when new.

Appologies for the odd question, I did buy 4 of these washers at $22 each just in case, the only thing left on the rear installation that I need to clarify.

Save
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.JPG
Views:	918
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	1652  

Last edited by SkyMac : 04-11-16 at 09:29 PM.