Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-10-11, 09:26 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Cessna Skymaster on Extreme Makeover

Watch Extreme Makeover on Sunday @ 8 PM Eastern to see the Extreme Makeover on the Skymaster panel.

Garmin Teams with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Garmin International Inc. has teamed with ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to help a Florida family get the airplane makeover they need and deserve.

For over 25 years, Joe, a pilot and the tireless founder of Air Mobile Ministries and his wife Cindy, a former nurse, have been on a quest to provide clean water to a thirsty world. Joe has flown all over the world in his 1970 Cessna Skymaster delivering water purifiers and supplies to those in need. After a pipe burst and destroyed their home, Joe, Cindy and their three children were forced to live in the damaged home and use the same water purification system they had delivered to so many in need.

Garmin was honored to help refurbish this family’s airplane and outfit it with a complete line of Garmin avionics, including a G500 and dual GNS 430Ws. A team from Orlando Aircraft, an authorized Garmin dealer, worked around the clock to rewire and install the new panel in three days. Don’t miss the amazing makeover of this family’s damaged home and complete transformation of their Cessna Skymaster.

Tune in this Sunday, Feb. 13 at 8/7c on ABC to watch the amazing makeover.

The Emmy award winning reality program “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” now in its 8th season, is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. It’s executive-produced by Brady Connell and George Verschoor. David Goldberg is Chairman, Endemol North America. The show airs Sundays from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET on ABC.

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 (Archive on Monday, January 01, 0001)
Posted by NStaff
Contributed by

http://avstop.com/feb_2011/garmin_tv..._skymaster.htm

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Last edited by hharney : 02-10-11 at 09:28 PM.
Unread 02-10-11, 09:40 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Glass Panel + other upgrades

Skymaster Refurbished on Extreme Makeover Sunday
Skymaster

February 10, 2011 —This Sunday’s episode of the popular ABC program Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will have a special aviation component. In addition to refurbishing a home damaged by a burst water pipe, the show will feature significant upgrades to a 1970 Cessna Skymaster owned by Joe and Cindy Hurston, who operate Air Mobile Ministries.

Several aviation companies contributed to the airplane’s restoration: Airtex Interiors is installing a new interior in the aircraft; CM Marine & Aviation Services provided new seat belts; Plane Plastics provided new plastic parts; LP Aero Plastics Inc. supplied new windows and a windshield; Scheme Designers created a new paint scheme; and Garmin International contributed a complete line of avionics, including a G500 and dual GNS 430Ws. Authorized Garmin dealer Orlando Aircraft worked around the clock to rewire and install the new panel in three days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skymaster ex.jpg
Views:	1177
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1186  

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 08-31-11, 08:27 PM

tkirklindale is on a distinguished road
shop help

wow i wish i could have seen that. my 337a is at a shop here getting a G500 430waas and a whole lot more.n i bought a stec 65 Autopilot used, got the stc and install manuels. the problem is i think the shop i took it too is going to rip me off. affter 3 months they still have my plane and he called the other day and told me it was going to take 80 hours to install the Autopilot. im an AP machanic and own a paint and body shop for 25 yrs so im not beleaving his estimate. needless to say i was very shocked with what he told me. im realy just woundering i feel that i could install the autopilot with no problem. what do you think does that sound out of line (80 hours) if anyone has any advise i would love to here from you i told him to give me a qoute and he has not yet and he has started putting in the G500 and other items. i was told he was fare but im realy worred now thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give me tom
Unread 08-31-11, 09:18 PM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
You can watch it on line

http://videobb.com/watch_video.php?v=AL1fyzy05CyJ