Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-22-02, 08:41 PM

landing gear

I am having problems with the gear doors on my '67 337. The gear comes up and I get an amber light but the gear doors stay down. If I hold the gear selector up for a few seconds the gear doors will then close. They close fine when the gear is lowered.

And on a related note, what is the max speed for the gear doors down (140)? And what should I look for (inspect) with regards to damage if I have had the gear doors open at 190 mph because I wasn't aware they were open? Also, it has the rear door removal STC installed, so the main concern is the front clam shells and possible high speed damage.
Unread 12-24-02, 02:15 PM

jimmuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jimmuse
I looked at my owners manual on my '67 337B and in the section on v-speeds, it says Maximum Gear Extended Speed is 140 (mph). That was a subject of much discussion somewher (else, I think) which prompted my looking it up.

I sincerely doubt that you could get to 190 mph with the gear doors open without knowing it.

Best of Holidays to you.

Jim
Unread 12-24-02, 10:16 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Gear Doors

JWSMITH
I have a 1967 337B, but I am not sure how to solve your problem, let me think about it a little longer.
BTW you need to mount a mirror under your left wing so you can see the gear doors from the pilot seat. I put mine on about 3 years ago. I can also see the rear prop(after I painted the prop tips on the front side). If you need help building a mirror holder, let me know, I made mine (no extra holes in the plane). The other day after I finished the annual I took it for a test flight, when I went "gear up" the yellow light kept blinking, I looked at my mirror and I could see the rear gear doors were not up, not to take any changes I put the gear down an landed. After I went over everything "again" I took it back up and it worked fine.
Fred N358
Unread 01-02-03, 09:22 AM

EZCOPE is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Landing gear doors

Gear door rigging; I've had the same problem, doors not closeing all the way, but would if gear recycled. I fould that it was the rigging of the acuator arm - rigged too tight, and the door couldn't reach the pressure release point.