Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 08-03-16, 01:35 AM

AP AVM is on a distinguished road
Technical difference between 65 "A Model" and 67 "B Model"

I like to know exact differences between 65 A model 337s and 67 B model 337s. I have been told there are some internal differences but what are they and in what systems of these two models. I don't need vague answer but a thorough explanation. Thanks

Last edited by AP AVM : 08-10-16 at 11:40 PM.
Unread 08-08-16, 05:48 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Careful what you ask for.

No offense, but that is a pretty big ask for a forum like this. I am no expert on Skymasters, but to me you are asking for someone to write you a research paper, and you are not providing the reference material (or paying for it). Perhaps you could start with your manuals (Service Manual, IPC, etc) - they should be able to detail all the differences in the systems that you are looking at. You could also be a little more specific of what areas of the aircraft are you wanting to know differences; hydraulics, wing structure, operating limitations, etc.

Jeff
Unread 08-08-16, 11:36 PM

AP AVM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
No offense, but that is a pretty big ask for a forum like this. I am no expert on Skymasters, but to me you are asking for someone to write you a research paper, and you are not providing the reference material (or paying for it). Perhaps you could start with your manuals (Service Manual, IPC, etc) - they should be able to detail all the differences in the systems that you are looking at. You could also be a little more specific of what areas of the aircraft are you wanting to know differences; hydraulics, wing structure, operating limitations, etc.

Jeff

If I knew which system is different then I wouldn't have been here asking this question. I have no clue where inside the aircraft differences are. All I have been told repeatedly that there are Suttle differences between two models. Reason I ask this as there is a A model near my place that could be bought as donor airplane for parts source to rebuild my 67 337B at fairly resonable price. So before I make any decisions regarding buying it, I'm here asking about the two so I would where differences are....

Last edited by AP AVM : 08-08-16 at 11:40 PM.
Unread 08-12-16, 09:42 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Technical differencesupport between 65 "A Model" and 67 "B Model"

Just a FYI, the '65 is not an "A" model. '66 is the "A" model and '67 is a "B". I have a '65 and differences between my model and '66-'67 is a Pre-select Flap switch, rotary type door latch, Canted eng. instruments, Gross wt from 4,300 ('67) 38 amp alternators, Improved brakes, Singular cabin air outlets, improved heating, split bus electrical system, optional turbocharging.
Hope this helps. CPA web site has the by year Model History that give more information.
BILLS