Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-27-18, 10:58 AM

fsnewton is on a distinguished road
Install of Aspen Evolution PFD1000

I'm planning on installing a new Aspen glass panel in my T337GP and I started looking around for install estimates. The first estimate I got was 93 hours for the install Any pireps out there for install times in the Skymaster? I've seen 20-30hours in other forums so I just can't believe it's over 3 times the average for other aircraft. The PFD1000 is selling for $7995 until November 30th so I think that's a pretty good deal. However, paying $9300 for the install of something that is advertised as an easier install than a G500 sounds crazy.

Granted I have a 430W, GTX 345, STEC 30 ALT and EDM 760 to connect to, but he didn't even ask me about those systems. It was strictly based off of being a Skymaster.

Thanks in advance!

Scott
N84E

Last edited by fsnewton : 11-27-18 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 11-28-18, 08:36 PM

rrolland is on a distinguished road
Scott:

Sarasota Avionics quoted me $13,200.00 installed in April of 2017. This included the interface with the GDL 88, STEC 65, and GTN 750.

I had the install done and paid exactly what the quote was. I have been very happy with the Aspen. My installed IOP is version 2.1 so I am not affected by the issue encountered with version 2.9. Sometimes it pays to be slightly behind the leading edge..

Richard
Unread 11-28-18, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up Richard. Sarasota has been great to talk to and a fair price for sure. I think that first quote was an outlier or they just didn't like working on Skymasters I think tomorrow we'll pull the trigger and put down a deposit...time to move on up to the big boys!
Unread 12-02-18, 10:27 AM

AV8ing is on a distinguished road
The guy that quoted 93 hours is just telling you he doesn't want the job - walk !

I've installed 4 Aspens, 1 in a 337.

Depending on the interfaces with the AP and other gear, figure about 30 hours install, plus check-out & paperwork and don't forget the 91.411 check !
Unread 12-02-18, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8ing View Post
The guy that quoted 93 hours is just telling you he doesn't want the job - walk !

I've installed 4 Aspens, 1 in a 337.

Depending on the interfaces with the AP and other gear, figure about 30 hours install, plus check-out & paperwork and don't forget the 91.411 check !
Thanks for the reminder! Ya, after a few more quotes that's the conclusion I came to. I just found it hard to believe that a business would give up a job because they didn't like doing the work, but now I know. I didn't end up using Sarasota (the logistics from Washington to Florida was too tough) but that was the easiest place to get a quote, AND they gave dozens of examples of Aspen installs and of of course Skymaster experience. They seemed like a great crew and had great prices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: