Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-16-06, 10:58 AM

Ed Lutz is on a distinguished road
Hi Jim,

this bird is S/N 3370543. I'm glad that there is a better schematic to trouble shoot the electrical, however I'm having trouble openning the file. During the last flight I lost radio trasmit and the Gen Field circuit breaker tripped. After waiting a few minutes the breaker could be reset and radio transmit was normal. This occured about four times. Shut down was normal after landing and a recheck of the system was fine. A few days later during pre flight check I found the battery dead. My first reaction was I had left something on, but a careful check revealed no such luck. I replaced the battery with a fresh spare, only to fine that the system would power up when I connected the ground cable to the battery. I've replaced the battery before during regular maintenance, but this was a first. rechecked all switchs off. The master has no effect on or off and the run/standby switch is in the run position. After attempting to follow the schematic I pulled the GEN fuse and this dropped the power to the system. I then flipped the master switch on and all came up normally. I switch the master on off several times, and even started the front and rear engine, all looked normal. After shut down I rocked the switch a few more times, all ok. I then re inserted the fuse marked GEN, and rats the system repowered up.

Ed