Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-14-04, 08:45 PM

jcthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake line clamps

Hi!

Can anyone tell me what substance is used to attach the brakeline clamps to the landing gear? Also what type of bedeing is used between the window glass on the 1969 T337. I would like to clean my windows on the pilot side as some condesation has got in between the panes and left the window looking unkept.

Thanks

John
Unread 01-16-04, 08:26 PM

OSCARDEUCE is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not know what they are attatched with but make sure they are on good. If they fall off they are headed right toward the rear prop. I had a friend catch one and put a big hole in it.
Tom
Unread 01-16-04, 11:25 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
On my airplane, my mechanic put tie wraps around each clamp. This is not to replace whatever does the bonding (and I don't know either), but in addition to. If a clamp becomes loose, the tie wrap will keep it on the gear leg (instead having it go through the prop).

Unfortunately, anything loose will go through the prop. I lost a Zeuss fastner from the rear cowl once, and it took a big chunk out of the prop on it's way out of my life...

Kevin
Unread 01-17-04, 08:05 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
As I recall from my service manual, the clip holding the brake line is expoxied in place. I will look for the reference when I have a few minutes.

If you are working in that area, have a good look at the down lock rigging and make sure it is adjusted properly. If it is not well up and over center as specified, you risk having the downlock pressurised and getting in the way as the gear swings into place.

Dave
Unread 01-18-04, 12:17 PM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
I lost one clamp and attached the line with tiewraps. I was scared the line would might get hung up when retracting and extending the gear . After take off I selected gear up and the gear came up and the doors would not close. I landed checked the gear and flew home gear down. Mechanic replaced the clamp and all was well. I assume the line must have been interfering with the swtich.

Frank
Unread 01-18-04, 09:08 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have used Scotchweld structural adhesive and it seems to hold them pretty good. I have known shops to use JB weld which you can get at most auto parts stores. Also make sure all the rust has been removed.
Kim
Unread 02-16-04, 11:46 PM

Don Nieser is on a distinguished road
Brake line clamps

John, We use JB Weld between the clamp (clip) and the gear strut. Be sure to clean off all paint and rust. Put the JB Weld on both surfaces and clamp to the "clip". After it dries the exsess can be snaded off. I would not recommend using tie- wraps because of the possibility of catching on something as the gear retracts. If you need I have new MLG brake line clips (P/N 1441001-1) cheap.
Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
6221 Commodore Lane
Oklahoma City OK 73162
405-722-4079 phone and FAX
405-503-4686 cell
nieser.02.337parts@juno.com