Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-03-13, 04:03 PM

johnnyfalcon is on a distinguished road
Thanks Amigos,

Great observations, and good to hear from a fellow Australasian who's 'done it all before'. I'm not frightened by having to do what is necessary to get the bird up to scratch, but I don't plan on the 'whole 9 yards' approach either. There's a time factor in this for me too. The right aeroplane needs to be close to ready-for-duty as possible.

This venture also has a sentimental element. As Dave eloquently put it: "You either love them or you don't". I see this as preserving the future of a great aircraft as well as meeting my business needs.

Your suggestions corroborate the efforts I've put in already and I value your advice and support too, watch out, you just might get a call from me...

Cheers

Johnny
Unread 07-03-13, 11:47 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hi Johhny

I can assure you those involved in this forum will be a great asset to you when it comes to anything about buying, owning & operating a Skymaster.

I agree the whole 9 yards that I am doing (I deliberately sourced a project to do just this) is not for everyone and purchasing the right bird is crucial so you don't end up in that situation.

One more thing as a heads up, during my search I came across many who were prepared to dissasemble and ship the aircraft, but they kept referring to the need to ensure it had a full annual including W&B recheck and Pitot tube certification etc (going on memory guys) so that an export certificate could be provided before it was pulled apart, I heard this more than a dozen times.

Infact when I delved into the situation with CASA and the FAA, all that is required is a current manufactures CoA in the aircraft and transfer documentation from the seller as you will need to de-register the aircraft with the FAA. I did this a week after the plane arrived in Aus.

Don't fall into the trap of needing an export certificate, I am sure NZ obtains a lot of guidance from CASA for their regulations.

I have all my purchase, export, shipping and assocaited information so if I can be of any further assistance let me know.

Dave

Ps: Guys almost finished the tail, just need to replace the pins in the elevator arms, then re-assemble the rear, aim is for this weekend - any guidance on removing the pins?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (NXPowerLite).jpg
Views:	932
Size:	761.3 KB
ID:	1483  
Unread 07-04-13, 04:32 AM

johnnyfalcon is on a distinguished road
Cheers Dave, that's really helpful information. That wee pic gives a glimpse of what promises to be a good looking ship! Well done!