Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-30-23, 10:59 PM

AP AVM is on a distinguished road
Red face Vinyl wrap Skymaster

Hi Guys,

It's been very long time since I came on these forums. Hope all is well with rest of the Skymaster owners and their aircraft.

I'm looking to get IHaro's AP-AVM MixMaster, the former Cessna Vinyl wrapped to be displayed in a museum environment. I'm located in Milton, ON Canada and like to know costs involved in getting whole aircraft wrapped by someone in or around Kitchener or Milton ON. I'm presently in talks with couple of regional museums who are very interested in displaying AP-AVM at their museums.

Last edited by AP AVM : 03-30-23 at 11:02 PM.
Unread 04-04-23, 05:04 PM

phlgsse is on a distinguished road
I can’t help with Canadian prices but I can tell you I looked at getting a Grumman cheetah wrapped in Hawaii and was quoted $9,000 usd, and I can’t imagine Canadian labor is any cheaper than Hawaiian labor, and that a cheetah is a lot smaller than a 337. Good luck and let us know how it goes
Unread 04-04-23, 05:15 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Why wrap and not paint? Just curious.

Wraps here in Texas have come down significantly since they were first introduced. It seems every other sports car has some sort of wrap on it these days. I was quoted $3500 about 5 years ago to wrap my BMW 760li, but now I see prices closer to $2000 being offered.

It used to be only a few places did wraps, but now you can order a pizza and get a wrap done at the same time. Well, not really, but the wrap shops have popped up everywhere around here.

I looked into getting my 40' diesel pusher motorhome wrapped and they quoted about $7500. That's a ton more real estate to wrap than an airplane.

Most wrap shops hear "airplane" and I bet their prices automatically double. I would call around to some larger cities near you and talk with the owners. My guess you will find one shop that seems to stand out above the rest.

Part of your problem is there is no "off-the shelf" wrap template for a 337, the way there is for most cars. So a designer has to put in extra work to get the wrap printed correctly so it will be oriented right once applied.

I'm told that the Red Bull 337's are wrapped. You might reach out to them and explain your situation. They may be able to help you.

Wrapping is more of an art than a science.

Last edited by mshac : 04-04-23 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 04-05-23, 05:35 PM

Pilotgirl59 is on a distinguished road
vinyl Wrap

I am in pre purchase on a 337D. If it passes one of the things I plan to do is vinyl wrap the tails. So I'll start to search in Alberta & Ontario.
Interested if anyone has done a wrap.