Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-05-04, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Miami Stop -- 2005 SOAPA Meeting in Key West

For those attending the SOAPA meeting who may be interested, I've planned a one-day "see-it-like-a-native" stop in Miami on the way down to Key West.

Participants would arrive in Miami around 2 or 3 PM on Tuesday 5/17. Those flying their Skymasters come into Tamiami (TMB) airport (free overnight parking and fuel is about $1 less than in Key West). Those flying commercial come into MIA. I will pick-up at TMB at 3:30 and pick-up at MIA at 4:30 (other pick-ups may be possible). After checking into the hotel ($79 with breakfast) and freshening up, we would go out on the town in a fleet of SUVs that I'll borrow from friends. Although the itinerary is still being developed, we'll hit South Beach and go for fun places and ethnic food (don't worry, I'll guide you).

Late arrivals could rendezvous with the group "on-the-fly" by calling our cell phones.

I'm hoping that those flying commercial can catch a ride to Key West on Wednesday on some of the Skymasters (there's room for 3 in mine), so that everyone can get to see the beautiful Florida Keys from the air.

I'm putting together more information (hotels, FBO, etc.) and will post it in a few days.

Ernie
Unread 12-30-04, 09:04 PM
Administrator

I've had a few inquiries and two people already registered for the Miami stop-over. I am working on a posting with additional information, but I'm going to be gone for a couple of weeks so it will not be up until about Jan. 15 . The posting will have hotel and FBO info, how to register and contact phone numbers. It will also have some suggestions if you fly your Skymaster into Miami, including a scenic route. In the meantime, if you want to register just send me an e-mail.

Ernie
Unread 01-14-05, 01:13 PM
Administrator

For those considering the prior-night stop in Miami on the way to the SOAPA meeting in Key West, I have now posted a web page with additional information. Please go to www.SkymasterUS.com and click on the first link on the left "May 2005 SOAPA Miami Stop-over".

Ernie
Unread 01-16-05, 11:32 AM
Administrator

No fees for Miami Stop-over

I've gotten one registration for the Bahamas side-trip, but the registrant wanted to know what fees need to be paid. In case some of you have the same question about the Miami stop-over, there are no fees. I'm pleased you all are coming to my neck of the woods, and I'm happy to make the arrangements so you can have this option on the way down to the Key West meeting. The only costs are those you pay for hotels, meals, etc. I have now updated the "May 2005 SOAPA Miami Stop-over" Page at www.SkymasterUS.com to clarify this.

Ernie
Unread 05-06-05, 07:06 PM
Administrator

If you're coming to the Miami stop on Tuesday, May 17, are you registered with me? I've got 20 people registered: the 18 going on the Bahamas trip (I know who you are) and Mr. & Mrs. Peyton McCool. Am I missing someone? If so please send me an e-mail ASAP (address is on the SOAPA announcement page). I need it to get enough SUVs and to make dinner arrangements. Thank you.

Ernie