View Poll Results: hurricane relief
I am interested in the effort 9 100.00%
I could donate a week of my time 6 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-30-05, 06:37 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
hurricane relief

Just out of curiosity are there any Skymaster drivers out there who would be willing to donate there time and aircraft to the relief efforts in the South? I have spoken with AOPA and they are keeping tabs on interest in air support amongst there members. I for one would be willing to take time off work to organize a Skymaster support group. The intent of which would be to transport personnel and/or cargo and provide any close air support that may be needed. I believe that the Skymaster is ideally suited for this type of operation. My goal would be to provide accommodations for all aircraft and crew for the duration of there tour. I do not think that there will be an extended relief effort that will require light aircraft as the military and airlines will be able to commence operations in a relatively short period of time. Pilots and aircraft owners would not be responsible for the cost of fuel during the operation and I believe that any other costs incurred would be tax deductible. If you are interested please leave a post and email me at jayt90@hotmail.com

_travis