Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-15-22, 08:46 PM

Piedmont85 is on a distinguished road
Electronic Ignition in the C337

I've been doing a lot of research with the goal of getting educated on aircraft electronic ignition systems. I hate to admit it, but You Tube has some very educational videos. I am particularly interested in the SUREFLY module. It's STC'd for the 337. Of course it only replaces one mag (certified rules), but the arguments are compelling. Easy start, better fuel, more reliable. Goodness how long have we had electronic ignition in our cars. The price is about the same as a new magneto. Just wondered if anyone had taken the plunge. Might be something for new annual.
Unread 09-16-22, 07:11 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
I put two SIMs on my G model last year. Tricky install, but they’re working well.

Edit to add: ordered mine in Aug 2021, rep said I was getting some of the first units from new production batch, with upgraded and improved circuitry, etc. also got new mag harnesses from Maggie’s (excellent service!)

Last edited by Learjetter : 10-05-22 at 07:35 PM.
Unread 10-03-22, 11:03 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Just put Surefly in the front and will let you know how it goes. A little nervous though, as a DPE who also manages a charter operation said he has seen a colleague install 3 of them on separate aircraft rather recently, and all three failed at some point. He had very specific details, so I'm inclined to believe him. Good news was that Surefly apparently supported the customer fully.
Unread 10-04-22, 05:36 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Totally anecdotal report:
Saw SureFly in the junk parts box at mechanic’s hanger few months after they were getting their feet wet with an install.
Didn’t ask details. But doubt they took it off because they had nothing better to do that day.
May be some teething issues…

Saw this thread.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/comm...-start.137035/

Truth as always is mixed bag…
Personally have faith that the technology is improvement over old. I’ll probably do it a little later after some other projects. That’ll give SureFly a little more time and units under their belt.

Last edited by wslade2 : 10-04-22 at 05:50 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: