Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Aircraft For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-23-21, 02:06 PM

Spartan Driver is on a distinguished road
Wanted P337

Greetings all,

Apparently my last thread(s) disappeared into cyberspace.....

So, here we go again......

Connie and I are looking for a very nice P337 with de-ice and at least 150 gallons. WE would very much appreciate any leads or introductions.

Thank you all!
Doug P
Unread 09-23-21, 04:00 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Driver View Post
Greetings all,

Apparently my last thread(s) disappeared into cyberspace.....

So, here we go again......

Connie and I are looking for a very nice P337 with de-ice and at least 150 gallons. WE would very much appreciate any leads or introductions.

Thank you all!
Doug P
To any P337 owner who may consider reaching out to this buyer, its only fair that I report my experience with him.

After requesting I scan all my logs for my P337H for this buyer, and uploading them for him to review (which I did), the buyer refused to come see the plane at my private hangar. Because he's an airline pilot, he wanted to jumpseat to a major airport, and have me fly there to meet him.

This major airport has landing fees and ramp charges. I explained that I was uncomfortable doing this, and my airport was an easy 1 hour drive from said airport, but he insisted. I agreed, provided he pay all my expenses in advance (about $200), but he wanted to "pay me cash in person". After all the time spent scanning the logs, and uploading so he could see them, you'd think he'd have enough trust to send me $200 in advance.

This unwillingness to address my concerns raised red flags with me, so I asked where he would want to do the prebuy inspection, since there are dozens of qualified shops in my area.

No matter where your aircraft is located, this buyer will insist that the prebuy be done in Nashville, TN at Aviation Enterprises (be sure to check all the lawsuits against them and their recent bankruptcy filing before you do business with them). That's a 3.5 hour flight one way. I calculated my costs, including airframe hours, gas, cab fare, and airline ticket home at $1500 each way.

I said that Aviation Enterprises would have no authority over my aircraft, it would be a pure pre-buy inspection. I wasn't about to have Aviation Enterprises try to hold my plane hostage hundreds of miles away from me and my IA.

Again, trying to accommodate this buyer, I agreed to deliver the plane to Nashville as long as he pre-funded the return trip expenses in the case that he chose not to buy the plane. I'm like most of you here, I'm not going to put seven hours on my plane and take 2-3 days out of my life without fair reimbursement. So I requested he send $3000 in advance to cover my expenses, with $1500 of that being credited back to him at closing if he decided to buy the airplane.

I should add that I offered to deliver the plane for GAS ONLY to any shop within an hour's flight from my home base, but he declined my offer.

I suggested we use Aerospace Reports for the escrow, and we write into the contract these terms, so everything is above board.

This is the point at which the buyer said he didn't want to deal with me. Well buddy, the feeling is mutual!

In my opinion, this buyer is only concerned for himself, and expects the seller to do everything for him, and take all the risks.

Aircraft prices have risen like stocks the past decade or so, with no reductions in sight. The market for quality P-models is tight, and I'm afraid this buyer will need to re-think his approach to dealing with sellers before he finds the plane he seeks. Perhaps he is unaware that aircraft are no longer a buyer's market, they have shifted fully to a seller's market.

I do not in any way wish to bash on the buyer, and I hope he finds his dream plane. I do however, feel an obligation to the 337 community to report my experience, as I feel this buyer wasted my time and had absolutely no empathy towards me or any of my concerns. YMMV.

Last edited by mshac : 09-23-21 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 09-30-21, 06:31 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
I would kindly ask we keep these threads professional and not use it as a soapbox to cast negative dispersions on individuals.

Thank you,
Jeff
Unread 09-30-21, 10:19 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
No, I disagree. Both with your statement, and the sentiment behind it. If we can't warn each other here , where exactly would you prefer we do it???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: