Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Aircraft For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-23-21, 03:43 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Scammer Alert: Bill Crews Skymaster International Llc

It has come to the attention of this board that BILL CREWS, a Skymaster broker, has been stealing deposits and selling Skymasters he has no right to sell. He's been sued successfully multiple times.

Any broker is likely to have a deal go south once in awhile, but Crews and his Skymaster International LLC has a long and sordid track record of lost money and broken dreams.

This was posted on Facebook about him by one of his "customers":
Jeff Swartwood
ATTENTION PILOTS CONSIDERING PURCHASING AN AIRPLANE!!!
I waited a week to write this because I don’t enjoy writing things like this. My first draft probably would not have been published anyways because it was so explicit. BLUF: Bill Crews (well known Skymaster/Cessna 337 aircraft broker) is a con artist, thief, liar and a cheat. Two months ago he advertised a Cessna 336 (N336TW) for sale on ASO (Aircraft Shopper Online). One of the members of the Skymaster community knew I was looking for one and recommended I check this one out. I called Bill from Iraq, talked to him about the plane, told him I was unable to look at the plane because I was overseas and agreed to purchase the plane based on that conversation alone. The plane was supposedly in annual in Mena, Arkansas and he quoted me a price of $115,000. I sent him a $5,000 deposit two days later and he sent me a purchase contract a week and a half later. I signed and returned the contract the same day (see contract in photos below). I told Bill I needed to sell my Mooney to pay for this plane. This is probably one of the nicest C model Mooneys out there (see pics below) and I paid a good price for it. I listed it and sold it for less than what it was worth because I needed to move it quick to pay for the 336. On top of that I spent over $1000 advertising my plane, getting insurance on this plane and setting up a Corp for this new plane. Bill knew all of this and I have emails, texts and voicemails to prove all of it. He never once told me that he did not own or have the right to be selling the Cessna 336 he was offering to me. A full two months goes by. I started out calling him once a week to check on things. He assured me there was no hurry saying that selling aircraft was a “gentleman’s business” and that I would get the plane as soon as the annual was complete. I work overseas for the government and a trip was approaching in September so I began calling and texting more frequently. He finally tells me that the plane is complete and that it should be delivered the following week and we begin to make plans to bring the airplane to my home airport of SC72. Then he goes complete radio silence for 3-4 days. When he finally calls he tells me that the owner had decided not to sell the plane. That conversation didn’t go well. I then call the owner (Tim Wahl of Davidson, NC) who turns out to be a royal douche bag. When I tell him I sold my Mooney to buy this plane he tells me to go f$&@ myself and hangs up on me. I commute to work in my plane and I have now sold the only plane I have for far less than it was worth only to be told the plane I have signed a contract for and placed a $5k deposit on will not be sold to me because the broker, Bill Crews, does not even have the right to be selling it. But it gets better. Bill Crews calls me back two days later and says he will sell me the plane…for $10,000 more than I signed the contract for. This is the acute definition of con artist, thief, liar, cheat and many other adjectives of a dishonest man who cannot be trusted. Nobody should do business with this man. If you have bought this plane or if you are considering buying it you should know that I have an attorney reviewing my options right now. Everyone should know that Bill Crews was very open and honest with me when we first spoke on the phone. He told me that he doesn’t really care about selling planes. He just does it to pay for his music hobby. You should know who you’re dealing with. He’s a crook, a liar and a thief and absolutely nobody should do business with this man.

Another note from a victim:
Roland Bilovsky
I was deceived by this cheater by $ 5,000 when I bought my Skymaster. advertised one Skymaster for sale and when I wanted to contact the buyer he wrote me that I had to pay a refundable deposit of 5000 dollars. Then he gave me a contact to the buyer. The buyer did not know about the deposit at all. he didn't want to give me back. So in the end I had to buy it because I missed the 5,000 in the next. I wanted to deal with a lawyer because he had written communication as proof, but since I'm from Europe, it's so complicated.

A newspaper clipping where he sold a plane he had no right to sell, and he caused the BUYER to be sued! https://www.tspr.org/post/keokuk-sue...ners-knowledge

These are only a few excerpts, there is much more to say.

Crews seems to specialize in stealing deposits from foreigners, as he knows they are unlikely to sue.

Proceed accordingly.

Last edited by mshac : 09-08-21 at 10:10 PM.
Unread 09-08-21, 12:09 AM

fsnewton is on a distinguished road
Crews

This just seems weird. Again, I’ve dealt with him three times and experienced nothing but a professional transaction. ~Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: