Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 08-12-02, 10:43 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Missing webmaster

Folks,

I am experiencing moderate turbulence in my life right now, sorry for the delay in posting things, etc. Turns out I am looking for work as a software engineer, starting the end of August. I am temporarily missing, but not gone... I hope to do postings through the coming week.

Sorry,

Kevin
Unread 08-12-02, 01:47 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin

That's great. Now you can devote ALL your time to 337s and to the board. <G>.

Do you have any "anti terrorist" experience ? Understand home security is looking for qualified people...

They up'd the salary for baggage inspectors which should be higher than software engineers if I am not mistaken..

Last but not least how about a career change. A quick law course and you too can make millions........... CHUCKLE...

Keven,, you will second this will you not ?

Bob
Unread 08-12-02, 02:29 PM
Keven

Millions and Lawyers

Bob & Kevin:

Of course I'd second it! I think everyone knows that lawyers don't really do anything except sit around and collect millions for something they never did

A couple of night or correspondence courses should set you up with the requisite degrees. After all, Kevin already has the wardrobe for it. At least it's the right wardrobe for my firm. I think his lizard shirt and my tie dye would complement each other nicely in court

Keven
________
Http://Www.Tv-Gossip.Com/

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 08-12-02, 03:46 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
First things first Kevin...

Oh, honorable Skymaster webmaster...

Could thee get rid of the goofy one with the gloves on the opening page?

Here's a neat P337 picture, not mine, but it has been circulated before, so there shouldn't be a problem with it... a P337 in flight, just what the doctor ordered to do justice to the opening page!

jpeg attached.

SkyKing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n39288-p337-flight.jpg (153.5 KB, 1324 views)
Unread 08-13-02, 12:49 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Financial Support

Knowing, as I do, that just keeping this website up has a financial, as well as time intensive, impact, I suggest that we start ponying up some cash to help Kevin.
Unread 08-13-02, 04:50 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Arrow Ahhh haaaa.... I thought

larry your picture of the plane... is N 39288... and owned by a concrete company in Elk grove calif... yep seen the thing flying around... its a good looking bird... but, what caught my eye was the river below in th picture.... I thought I reconized the terrain... smile... and sure enough when I went to look up the N no... is was the Sacramento Valley... with the sacramento river in the background.... gee I impress myself when I am right... smile...

As to the power point presentation... we are working on trying to get it with sound and auto slide show... that way you can see and hear what we are looking at... but, first we have another problem... see postings... GMAs
Unread 08-13-02, 05:42 PM

Larry,

That is a very kind offer of cash re: the web site, but I don't think it is necessary right now. If anyone out there knows of someone looking for software engineering or web work to be done, a referral in that direction would be MUCH appreciated. I have a few ideas that may generate cash for the web site, which I will propose to folks later if they seem like the right thing to do (for example, offering merchandise on another page of the site), but for now, cash to keep the site going is not needed. And as Bob says, after the end of August, I may have LOTS of time... ;-)

Gmas, do you know who took the picture? Skyking wanted me to post it, he does not like the mittened blonde that amused me so much, and it is time to change the picture, but I can't use his picture without the permission of the copyright holder, I am trying to keep the site as "clean" as possible.

Thanks,

Kevin
Unread 08-13-02, 05:46 PM
Keven

Watch Out

Kevin,

It's that "clean" attitude that puts well-deserving lawyers out of business or depletes their kids' college funds

Keep up the good work, and stay away from law school.

Keven
________
Sex_Dirty

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 08-13-02, 11:02 PM
Cessna O-2 Enthusiast

o2skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb JOB OPPORTUNITY

Hello Kevin et all,

Not quite how I was expecting to jump on to the SOAP board with my first post. (Somehow I thought it would be Skymaster related....!)

But, here goes:

Kevin -- You and I are in the same neck of the woods and my department happens to have one or two software engineering positions open currently. I know you're based out of HIO. We're right down the street (kind of). It may not be an exact fit but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

The position is for an Application Engineer working with PeopleSoft for NIKE Global Human Resources. PeopleSoft8 is a web-based system so that's why I wanted to let you know about it.

You can view the job posting at:
http://nike.tmphosting.com/job_detail.php?jobID=INWS IT15454

I'll drop this in an e-mail to you at webmaster@337skymaster.com in case you don't catch this posting.

Cheers.

Mike Davidson
Unread 08-13-02, 11:05 PM
Cessna O-2 Enthusiast

o2skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking JOB OPPORTUNITY web address

Hi,

Well, me again.

The posting process changed the URL a bit. It took out the "percent 20" and put a space.

The correct URL should be:

http://nike.tmphosting.com/job_detail.php?jobID=INWS%20IT15454

Mike
Unread 08-13-02, 11:26 PM

N39288... Would you believe?

GMAs,

Well, it was I who submitted the picture... in fact, it was from the ASO website when it was for sale, but I have a bunch of glossies of the airplane and the early logs that the former owner in Houston, TX had sent me when we began our search for a P337.

Would you believe it... this was Reims Aviation VERY FIRST FT337G Pressurized Skymaster? YEP! Serial 0001 on 17 AOUT 1973. It saw initial life as HB-LHL. It made its way stateside in 1983. When I looked it over in 1998, it had a fresh 55 hour reman in the rear and 1215 on the front, but avionics were lacking. But for the asking price at the time, $97,500 -- with boots -- it wasn't that bad. Plus, it had complete internal corrosion proofing. Well, anyway, a bit of history on this shop.

For some reason I was thinking the aerial shot was from somewhere in Texas, but I'll take your word for it being the Sacramento Valley...

And a PS for Kevin, since this was a public domain picture on ASO, I don't think you'd have a problem with exhibiting it.

SkyKing
Unread 08-13-02, 11:52 PM

Thanks Mike, I'll look into the posting...

If you're in this area, we should get together, talk airplanes and such...

Kevin
Unread 08-14-02, 07:08 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: N39288... Would you believe?

GMAs, i have 0002, rick

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyKing

Well, it was I who submitted the picture... in fact, it was from the ASO website when it was for sale, but I have a bunch of glossies of the airplane and the early logs that the former owner in Houston, TX had sent me when we began our search for a P337.

Would you believe it... this was Reims Aviation VERY FIRST FT337G Pressurized Skymaster? YEP! Serial 0001 on 17 AOUT 1973. It saw initial life as HB-LHL. It made its way stateside in 1983. When I looked it over in 1998, it had a fresh 55 hour reman in the rear and 1215 on the front, but avionics were lacking. But for the asking price at the time, $97,500 -- with boots -- it wasn't that bad. Plus, it had complete internal corrosion proofing. Well, anyway, a bit of history on this shop.

For some reason I was thinking the aerial shot was from somewhere in Texas, but I'll take your word for it being the Sacramento Valley...

And a PS for Kevin, since this was a public domain picture on ASO, I don't think you'd have a problem with exhibiting it.

SkyKing

Last edited by kevin : 08-14-02 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 08-15-02, 07:27 PM

Rick... your P337 Pics??

Hey Rick Bell...

I've been searching through this website for that really neat picture of your P337 on what appeared to be a remote desert strip... I presume down south of the border... how about sending that to Kevin, to at least replace the goofy one in the gloves on the opening page... it would be a GREAT relief!!

SkyKing
Unread 08-15-02, 07:37 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
skyking - the webman (as in the man) has it, it was posted under american avaiation heading, or how much stuff can you hang on the a/c without duct tape. - rick