Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-31-02, 06:44 AM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Great to meet all you guys!

I want to thank the guys that I met in OSH for introducing me to your group and answering all of my questions.
My wife and children are interested in the Mackonic trip, so if you would let us know where accomodations are booked etc, we will be planning on coming up from DC.
Thanks again
Rick
Unread 07-31-02, 08:31 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Mackinac

Rick

Was nice to meet you. There a number of skymasters in mid-east including a couple in Potomac airport.

Seems there may be trouble with the 17 as a date for Mackinaw, however, it will hold it we cannot find a suitable alternate.

Keven, et AL.

HOW ABOUT THE 10TH OF AUGUST FOR MACKINAC AS AN ALTERNATIVE SINCE LARRY AND DON HAVE AN AIRSHOW ON THE 17TH IN MICHIGAN AND DON IS GOING TO MEXICO.

WONDER IF KEVIN HAS MADE IT BACK TO PORTLAND. I DODGED A FEW CELLS OVER MICHIGAN (WHAT DO YOU EXPECT) OTHERWISE FLIGHT BACK WAS GREAT. Amazing, kept my card intact.......

Bob
Unread 07-31-02, 11:26 PM

Don Hickman is an unknown quantity at this point
Bob,

Changing the date to the 10th won't help me. Judy and I are leaving on the 7th for Texas, then on to Mexico on the 8th and we will be returning on the 17th, more or less. While Judy would love to go to Mackinaw (she's bugged me about it for years!), I just don't see getting there in August given our schedule. So make whatever plans you want, but don't worry about us.

As for seeing people, I flew to Battle Creek, Michigan today and had lunch with Larry Bowdish and Jerry DeSantis. We had a good time, just wish it could have been longer. Jerry gave us the nickle tour of Battle Creek which was interesting. The flight up and back was uneventful which we like. I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with both Larry and Jerry.

Keep working on getting us all together, Bob. Sooner or later you'll hit a date that most of us can make. It just may not be one I can make this year. Building a house on an island off the coast of Mexico is taking up an inordinate amount of my time, not to mention money.

Don
Unread 08-01-02, 07:06 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Cool Mackinac

Bob, The 10th will be a better date for me. I might be in Texas on the 17th but will confirm that date.

Enjoyed spending some time with Don Hickman and Larry Bowdish yesterday in Battle Creek. When you think about it, meeting and knowing so many Skymaster drivers, where ever you fly ya sure to know someone and that makes the travel that much better.
Cheers
Jerry
Unread 08-01-02, 09:23 PM
N69S

Jerry

We have played with dates since June 1st......... No one speaks up and I have been willing to change, however, enough is enough. If people want to change that's fine, however booking hotels is becoming a problem.

There are always going to be "last minute dropouts" or changes to people's itinerary. Like Keven; he received word from "ATC" (The Other Captain).

You heard about the Captain that could call himself Captain and he had his wife's permission to say so...............<G>

And yes, this is what the group is all about. When you get stuck somewhere there should be a skymaster owner ---somewhere close that is willing to help....

bob

Last edited by Bob Cook : 08-01-02 at 09:26 PM.
Unread 08-01-02, 10:17 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Unhappy Mackinac

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cook
Jerry

We have played with dates since June 1st......... No one speaks up and I have been willing to change, however, enough is enough. If people want to change that's fine, however booking hotels is becoming a problem.

There are always going to be "last minute dropouts" or changes to people's itinerary. Like Keven; he received word from "ATC" (The Other Captain).

You heard about the Captain that could call himself Captain and he had his wife's permission to say so...............<G>

And yes, this is what the group is all about. When you get stuck somewhere there should be a skymaster owner ---somewhere close that is willing to help....

bob
Unread 08-01-02, 10:22 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Cool Mackinac

Bob, No matter what date we pick, I most likely will not stay over night and thus will not require a hotel room. I am only 1.5 hours from Mackinac and for me its normally a day trip. Been to Mackinac quite a bit and I enjoy each trip. Walked the whole island once.
Cheers
Jerry
Unread 08-01-02, 10:33 PM
N69S

BUT

The fun his having dinner and hanging around after the crowd leaves. There are some really great places to eat..

oh well...........

bob
Unread 08-01-02, 10:40 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Oh I'll stay for dinner and hang a bit, but I can leave a 10 PM and still be home by midnight. I love night flying!!!
Jerry
Unread 08-02-02, 09:27 AM
N69S

Jerry

Sounds fine, however, need to check airport as I saw somewhere PCL wasn't operational. If that is the case then u need to be out before sunset.

love night flying.

bob