Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-15-20, 02:01 PM

cfc1234 is on a distinguished road
Just East Of You

Quote:
Originally Posted by S019 View Post
New here and just kicking the proverbial tires. I currently own an RV-10 but my wife wants pressurization and I want 2 engines. a P337 is definitely on my short list. I do have a couple questions that I have not been able to find in a search of the forums. So forgive me if I crafted a poor search query and missed it.

1) Does the P337 fit into a standard T-hangar with a 42' doo and 32 feet deep. I see in the manual that the overall dimensions fit, but with the wing sitting further back I worry that the trailing edge of the wing may be up against the walls in the corner before the door would clear the nose. Can't imagine there is an issue with the lateral clearance of the tailbooms on the side walls in the rear section of the hangar.
2) I am based just south of Baton Rouge, LA at KREG, are there any 337's anywhere near this general gulf south area? I have never even seen one on a ramp in almost 23 years of flying, let alone had a chance to see and sit in one. Always looking for an excuse to fly if anyone within an hour or 2 flight time is open to showing me around one?
3) The certificates in my wallet say I have an ATP certificate and CFI/I MEI and A&P/IA. But since I have never even seen a 337 in person I would be remiss if I thought I knew anymore about them than I have read on this site in my last couple days of forum stalking. So, since this seems to be a relatively small community what are the resources available for flight and maintenance training? I couldn't see any offerings by Cessna Owners and didn't know where else to look.

As I delve back into the forum history I would appreciate anything else of value the group may have to offer. Thanks.

Eric
Hi there Eric. I am in the process of closing on an ex-Military O-2A. It will be based in Slidell, KASD. I'm hoping to bring it home from Tennessee in the next week or so. I live in Mandeville. I think I have found a guy who will be able to get me my checkout and required hours for insurance too. A very nice fellow from Houma. You can call me if you wish, (832)969-7818. I'll fill you in on my experiences so far. It will be nice to have a Skymaster neighbor too. Good luck in your search!
Frank
Unread 10-16-20, 05:34 PM

JimC is on a distinguished road
I'm flying my T337E into KGTU on Monday. I won't have a lot of free time then, but I might when I return on Friday or Saturday to pick it up.