Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Flight Instruction and Recurrent Training
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-20-20, 12:02 AM

TomM is on a distinguished road
Training in Eastern Oklahoma

During the search for a Skymaster, I ran across an amazing human being who was selling his skymaster. Even though we did not come together on the purchase (which I would have) I found out he is a ME instructor and loves skymasters. He said he would be more than happy to train me regardless. His name is Don Skinner, and his cell number is 918-315-4163. Text him first, as he does not answer unknown callers.

He has got to be one of the most amazing people I have ever met! He has been involved in aviation his whole life. Tons and tons of hours over a million different aviation career paths.....from crop dusting to flying a senator to relocating single engine aircraft across the ocean.....an amazing life journey.

He is located in Sallisaw OK, located right between Fort Smith AR and Tulsa International, so lots of different airspace.
Unread 05-03-20, 11:30 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Training in Eastern Oklahoma

Tom M.
Tom are you still looking for a MEI for training in your C337? I used a guy north of Nashville, Tn. If interested I can send you his contact information? He's a good instructor and owns a Skymaster very knowledgeable in them!
BILLS
bstory@pa.rr.com 814-673-6863c
Unread 05-18-20, 11:11 PM

TomM is on a distinguished road
Thanks Bill for the reply! I am good to go. Don Skinner who I mentioned in my original post trained me and I took my check ride with Brad Newman at Tiffin Aire in Tiffin OH. It was a great experience to get trained and tested in the airplane that I purchased. I am sure there are not a lot of guys (maybe there are) who leap without looking to chase a dream, but I am one of them. In one week went from a 1200 hr Skyhawk (and nothing else) pilot to a Skymaster owner and pilot. Dream come true!
Unread 05-19-20, 05:35 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Smile Training in Eastern Oklahoma

Tom. Way to go! I did what you did-sort of. I purchased my 65 C337 BEFORE I even found an instructor. The training took way longer than I thought it was going to take. My Insurance company required me to get 20 hours of dual instruction including a minimum of 10 hours of instrument training. By the time I was approved to take my check ride I had amassed about 70 hours. My CFI waited until I had 55 hours before he'd sign me off for solo flights! Bummer! I too had a lot of C172 time but also had about 100 hours in a C182 for my high performance requirement. I hope you'll love flying your C337 as much as I do.
Regards,
BILLS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: