Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-30-19, 09:46 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Question Pilot's Check List form

Hello ALL. I'm looking at my Airplane Flight Manual (AFM) for my C337 and in section'I' the second paragraph states" Section I lists, in Pilot's Check list form... In "BEFORE STARTING THE ENGINES" item number (1) Pilot's Check List--Review check list located in map compartment.
Here's my question. Does anyone have a copy of this "Check List"? And no it's not the AFM checklist. When I purchased N727JT 1965 C337 it had two small checklists in the plane. One is about 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" that lists only about six check items on each side (front side TAKE-OFF and back LANDING). The other list is a miniaturized list maybe the first few pages of the AFM? I'm not sure as it's at the airport? So if someone knows for sure that one of these list may actually be the one the AFM references?? I'm getting ready for my CLT rating check ride.
Thanks. BILLS
Unread 02-02-19, 08:22 AM

Mich3773 is on a distinguished road
The Illustrated Parts Manual lists the followingchecklists ...

For serials 33701463 THRU 33701815 and F33700056 THRU F33700084 a short checklist part number 140019-50. That sounds like what you're describing.

For serials 33701463 THRU 33701815 and F33700056 THRU F33700084 there are various checklists. There are 6 different part numbers, some in english, some in french, some with the synchrophaser and electric trim; 1505050-5, 1505066-6, 1505063-5, 1505074-1, 1505077-1, 1505053-2. I have one of these. It's a multi-page laminated checklist.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1914   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	1915   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1916  
Unread 02-03-19, 09:38 AM

Pilot's Check List form

Mich 3373.
Thanks for the reply. I have the small checklist-not much use. The large laminated checklist looks like a copy of the AFM pages. At least the large one I have is an exact copy of the pages? During my training for the CLT rating I find the large (copied) checklist is just too big to handle while TRYING to fly the airplane! I think I'm going to make a new "FLIP" type checklist that will attach to the yoke? Any advice?
Thanks, BILLS
Unread 02-03-19, 04:16 PM

Mich3773 is on a distinguished road
Yes, it can be difficult to find a checklist format that is ergonomically effective. Talk to your Flight Instructor and review the FAA regulations regarding checklists. Also review FAA SAFO 17006 about checklists.

I currently use a checklist that is 3-1/2 inches wide by 8-1/2 inches long. I hold it in my left hand and keep track of where I am in the list ("place-keeping") with my left hand thumb. Right hand manipulates the controls.
Unread 02-03-19, 05:11 PM

Pilot's Check List form

Mich 3373.
Thanks for the information. I told my instructor that the half page sized checklist was too big and I'm going to try your size or a flip-type 3X5" cards checklist? The other problem with mine is that it splits some of the information to the next page, requiring page turning.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 02-03-19 at 05:13 PM. Reason: forgot something
Unread 02-04-19, 05:21 PM

LostKiwi is on a distinguished road
I have the OEM Cessna checklists as per the pic.
It is adequate, but thats about it. (Airplane has been reconfigured since it left the factory. New avionics, upgrades, etc etc etc.)

It IS NOT a direct copy of the checklist from the owners manual / POH.
Given when it was written, its a pretty good document.

I keep it in the airplane, but what I've gone to is the checklist system within Garmin Pilot on my iPad. (I have no doubt that ForeFlight has the same/similar feature.) It lists everything in red, and as you check the items off, it makes that item green. Great if you get a radio call or other distraction as you are running the checklist.

I started out with the factory checklist, then ran through it on my simulator a dozen times, adding things as required to make a more thorough checklist.

Seeing as I fly with my iPad mounted to the yoke, its always there, and I always use it.

Leighton.
Unread 02-16-19, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up Pilot's Check List form

Mich3773.
I reduced my checklist from the AFM its on 3"X5" cards. I used it the last time I flew with my instructor IT WORKS WELL!. I printed "TAKE-OFF, CLIMB, CRUISE, LET-DOWN, BEFORE LANDING, LANDING, and AFTER LANDING/SECURE AIRCRAFT". ON four cards. On the other side I printed "ENGINE-OUT AFTER TAKE-OFF, ENGINE-OUT DURING FLIGHT, ENGINE RESTARTS(AFTER FEATHER), SINGLE-ENGINE APPROACH, and SINGLE-ENGINE GO AROUND". I clipped the checklist to a small clipboard Velcro-ed to the yoke. I can hold the yoke with my left hand and flip the cards with my left thumb. It's much easier than trying to flip the larger checklist and maintain control of the plane and holding on to the throttles!
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 02-16-19 at 08:17 PM. Reason: misspelled

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: