Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-04-02, 04:29 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Cessna Pilot's Association and SOAP

Sigh.

I hate to bring this up. I hate to potentially offend Gmas, because his contributions here are so valuable, and I really like having he contribute to our site, and I learn a lot from his posts. But I can't let his statements in the thread on crossfeeding stand, and feel good about operating this site.

I thought hard about what to do. I thought about pulling Gmas message, and asking him to change it. But I want to avoid censorship at all costs. I thought about emailing Gmas privately, but that leaves the message up there, without comment, which implies agreement on my part, if not on the part of others who visit this site.

So, here are some points I feel it is important to make:

1.) This site does not compete with CPA. I am not comfortable having it presented in that light. There is some fabulous stuff here, courtesy of Gmas, Bob Cook, Skyking, and many others that I hope I have not offended by failing to list. I see this material as complementing, not competing with, the excellent material and advice available to CPA members from the CPA.

2.) Tom Carr is highly competent, highly qualified, and does not deserve to be maligned on this site. Tom has provided invaluable assistance to me and many other Skymaster owners that I know personally. Tom is an active pilot - he owns and flies a Cessna 150. The fact that he does not fly a 337 does not make his years of experience maintaining Skymasters any less valuable.

3.) Personally, I recommend that every Skymaster and O-2 owner belong to CPA. It costs so little per year, and the return is large. Each of you will make the decision whether to join on your own, according to your own criteria, and I think that is great. To each his own.

There. I've said my piece. Flame away.

Kevin
Unread 10-05-02, 04:37 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
GMAS

Yep, I did pull my response.

I was too long winded anyway.

Picking sides, flaming, dissing, and the like is not necessary as we appear to be a "professional group" with self disipline and restraint....... right?

Bob