Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-11-02, 08:30 AM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool OWNER ADVISORY MEB02-7A arrived

....in the mail yesterday, I did not want to be the first to start the thread. Has any one had problems (cracks) with the main landing gear actuators? I called Cessna to inquire about the advisory and if I could get it off there web site. They told me it was not avaliable however I could buy it for 9 bucks. Seems strange a part they use has problems and to tell me about it I have to pay. Guy....old72driver....

Last edited by Guy Paris : 10-11-02 at 08:33 AM.
Unread 10-12-02, 12:52 AM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Angry Isn't cessna a nice company to deal with... wonder why they get sued???

They also do SB's for to not have to give away the store... and get a AD issued against them... bad bad... if they do... but, really the FAA should insist if they have more than one or two that have that problem...

Yep it cost for the info.. from them... but, they want you to give it to them if you know something... nice huh.. now you know why people sue cessan... because they are like a one way gate.. and dont share the info... someone goes down and they act like they don't even know you.. kinda thing...

The early skymasters have a problem just like the early 210's as they have only one actuator to make the main gear go up and down... so you have some rotary joints as well as splines that you need to look at... and don't put stress on the mains by trying to retract the nose gear while it is on the ground.. see other thread... as it will put undue stress on the actuator... now the later ones have two.. one for each main gear leg... and those don't seem to be having the problems...

Where do you get the info.. you IA of course... or someone who has a subscrition to the SB's from cessna... its a pay for info kinda thing.. smile... unless your on good terms with your IA...

Hope this helps.. G.M> GMAs
Unread 10-12-02, 10:27 AM

Cool Thanks GMAs....had them actuators---

--removed last annual, to look at them, change O rings etc. since cessna was having troubles with others felt the apple does not fall far from the tree. My AI is looking for that SB. Thanks, Guy.... old72driver....
Unread 10-12-02, 02:21 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
**What year & model 337?**

Hey Guy, I mean "old72driver"...

We all seem to forget to identify which year and model of Skymaster we're talking about when addressing important issues such as these. Is the Cessna Service Bulletin you are referring to model & year specific... and what is the model & year Skymaster you have?

SkyKing
Unread 10-12-02, 02:25 PM

MEB02-7A

Sorry, I meant to say "OWNER ADVISORY MEB02-7A"... anyway, what is the date on this puppy and which models and years are affected?

SkyKing
Unread 10-13-02, 09:13 PM

Cool Ok, mine is a 77 G normal .....

aspirated ser. # 33701805. The Owner Advisory is dated Oct. 7, 2002. The letter states, "This letter is to provide notification that an inspection of the main landing gear actuators on your airplane is required for the presence of cracks. Cracked actuators and actuator bodies shall be replaced", etc, etc, etc. It goes on and gives several part numbers all of which could have been used. Its quite lengthly that some have to be reworked, some are not affected. I my self have to reread the advisory line by line to understand it. This is the first I have heard that there was a problem with actuators on 337s. Guy.... old72driver....
Unread 10-14-02, 03:13 AM

Post Owner Advisory

Guy,

Do yo have any way to scan the document and attach it here as a file so that we can ALL read it? No sense in each of us sending Cessna nine bucks for the same exact paper!

SkyKing
Unread 10-14-02, 10:08 AM

Cool Scanning........

no I don't have that ability, the very last line on the Owners Advisory says: Please contact a cessna multi-eng. service station for detailed info,etc. The Service Bulletin is MEB02-7. I am going to the shop and see if they have it there. Guy....old72driver....