Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 08-18-04, 08:18 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Wanna Crash a Party?

All aircraft have been invited to a Bellanca fly-in in Louisiana on Oct. 21-24. I have a friend and several aquantances (includeing the guy at the bottom) who will be there in there Bellancas. They have extended an invite to all who are interested in Skymasters and other things that fly. I was unable to attend the OKC fly-in and am hoping that I can make it up by sounding the 337 horn for a gathering of the fleet. I think that it would be great if we could show-up in mass and role-up in force. If anyone else is interested in making an appearance at a somewhat joint fly-in please say so. I am willing to help with what ever I can.

The Bellanca Super Viking is a 300hp low-wing single that is constructed of wood and fabrick capable of +200mph cruse speeds (and is truly a dream to fly.) For more info checkout the link http://home.att.net/~vikingdrvr/

_travis
817 223 1319
cessna_centurion_50sh@hotmail.com

SECOND ANNUAL BELLANCA AIR GROUP FLY-IN

NATCHITOCHES, LOUISIANA (IER) The second annual Bellanca Air Group Family Fly-In will be held at Natchitoches Louisiana on October 21 - 24th, 2004. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. For those that were not able to attend last year we would urge you to look at the Natchitoches Louisiana web site. Natchitoches is the oldest town in the Louisiana Purchase with many historical sites in picturesque settings. Registration begins Thursday afternoon October 21. Sunday October 24 departure. Optional group activities will be Friday and Saturday with dinner Friday and Saturday evening. Sunday open breakfast. We would like to continue our leisure format. No workshops are planned. You are not obligated to attend any event. Events, tours etc. will be posted, if you elect to attend you can register upon arrival. Although, pre-registration is appreciated to assure you a space and so we will know what size bus to reserve. Last year the cost was $14.50 for the bus and entrance to the plantations. A good deal! Lodging is optional at the Ramada Inn, located about one mile from the airport. We will set in and confirm the best possible rate to be posted upon confirmation. Transportation will be available for those who want to shop till they drop in town. Horse carriage, and tour rides will be available for city tours. Last year we had 61 planes attend, 92 people for dinner Friday evening, 88 Saturday evening. Lets make it bigger this year. Peggy and I, and the Tourist Bureau of The City of Natchitoches will do our best to make the event even better than last year. Contact Ron Bianchi if you intend to attend, and eta,. To date we have 48 that have said they would attend. See ya at the PARTY! Ron & Peggy Bianchi
Pilot1_rb@hotmail.com

Update 5/17:
The Ramada Inn Natchitoches *** (318) 357-8281 1(888) 252-8281. Ramada Inn will accept your reservation starting today. Rate is $45.00 per room, NOT PER PERSON, maximum four per double room. You "must" say you are with the Bellanca Air Group. If you need assistance the Ramada Inn Manager Joni will be available to assist you. See ya.
Ron / Peggy Bianchi

Update 6/1:
At this time we have 73 confirmed aircraft with a good number of yes/maybe's... and counting.. It's going to be awesome...

To assist Peggy and Ron we have set up some groups to help in different areas so far we have ..
Peggy & Ron Bianchi....Logistics (site, lodging, events, liaison, hostess & host)
Victor Catalanotto.......Air Boss (arrivals, parking, fueling, flying demos , etc.)
Jerry Stern.................PR & Communication (media contact, information, Video & photo)
and yes we will need volunteers.....

As some of you know, we didn't charge any registration fee for last years event... all cost were fronted by Peggy and Ron. Victor & Becky did pass the hat and all were very generous, the Bianchi's were very grateful... We covered just about all the expenses, just shy of a full fuel load on a Bellanca (with an aux tank). This year again Ron Doesn't want to charge a registration fee

The Ramada reports reservations are being made every day.. don't forget to make yours... Mention that your with the Bellanca Air Group for the special room rate of $45.00 per night.. per room....not per person...

For those who have questions or suggestions. E-mail or call me....

Cell 972-849-8772 Home 817-439-0614 work 800-572-2726 ext 3561
Thanks,
Jerry Stern
T67
1974 17-30A

Update 8/16:
This has really gotten big. We are expecting close to 80 aircraft coming in for the Fly in. Ron has asked that I help with the air traffic. I will be manning the Unicom on 122.8 for the arrivals. There could be the potential of allot of planes in the air at the same time all converging to the same spot. We have talked to the approach people and they are more than willing to help bring in those of you that are flying VFR. IFR will already be set up.

Natchitoches airport has a AWOS system on 119.025. I would like to recommend that if you are flying in VFR to please make contact 50 miles out on the frequencies I have listed below and ask for flight following and vectors to KIER (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KIER ). These folks will be more than happy to assist you coming in. For those that are like myself a few years ago and are afraid to ask for flight following, I would be more than happy to talk to you and help break that fear. I always had that fear that I was going to say or do something wrong. Now I never fly with out using it. You can contact me off chat at Victor@bellanca.us or just give me a call at 817-473-2055

If you have any questions about the airport or facilities, please don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't have the answer, I will get it for you.

It's going to be a great fly in and I look forward to seeing all of you there.

132.05 Polk Approach 50 miles East
126.90 Monroe Appraoch 50 miles North
123.70 Polk Approach 50 miles West
123.70 Polk Approach 50 miles South

Victor Catalanotto
Web Site www.bellanca.us
1972 BSV 17-30A N8281R
1996 Kitfox IV 1200 N996LG
KGPM
Mansfield, TX
Mobile 817-925-2532