Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-23-03, 01:49 PM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up New Flight Experiance

I just had a new flight experiance in a jet fighter. I flew my 337H to Lock Haven, Pa. with 2 friends, to go up in a Russian L-39 jet fighter. After our flight briefing, the first up was the 16 year old young man I took with us. After many 4G manuvers like inside loop, barrel rolls & snap rolls, he did a rolling dive from 8,000 feet to a pretend target on ground with a 6 G pull out. The 16 year old blacked out. He started the same thing with the ski diver who went up next. He made it through 2 manuvers before using the barf bag, so they quite. My turn next. We started the same barrel rolls, than he asked if I would like to do the flying. I did a pitch up to 30 degree than two snap rolls to the left. Than the same thing to the right. Than a inside loop. Followed by a double barrel roll, all pulling 4 G's. We spotted a friend of the pilot flying a 172 Cessna leaving the airfield. He called him asking if we can do a mock attack, which he agreed to. We attacked and did a victory roll after attack, below and in front of 172. We did a dive from 8000 feet to a ground target with a 5.8G pull up. That all made this 62 year old man fell young again. Thats what I call one hell of a good day to be alive. Dale Campbell
Unread 09-23-03, 09:13 PM
Keven

Uhh, I had the brakes fixed on my truck today. I think you win.

Keven
________
Medical Marijuana Seeds

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:01 PM.
Unread 09-23-03, 10:48 PM

Francisco is on a distinguished road
Well! Did you past out during the 6 g manuver?

Francisco
Unread 09-24-03, 08:02 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Old Guys

It's good to hear that us Old Guys can still do it.
Way to go, Dale.

There is a saying about how old guys can beat young guys, but I'm to old to remember it.
Unread 09-24-03, 09:05 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Thumbs up G forces

To answer your question. I did not black out, but my vision went down to tunnel vision for about 5 seconds, only on that one pull out of 5.8G. I could just make out the reading on the G meter as he pulled us through the pull up after dive. We did not have G suite on we just grunted. The pilot is also 60 years old so you are right, us old guys can still take it. He has taken up over 450 people for rides since 1997. In Florida they charge $2000 for that ride. This guy gives ride for free, you just pay for the fuel which cost me $165. Fuel burn is 160 gal/hr. The ride lasted about 1/2 hour.
Unread 09-24-03, 11:10 PM
Keven

Did I mention that I had the brakes in my truck fixed?

I'm jealous. Tell me where this young lad can try this black out experiment done and I'll fly there for a weekend.

Keven
________
Vapir no2 vaporizer reviews

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:02 PM.
Unread 09-25-03, 02:12 AM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
160 gal/hr!?!

What a ride! If I could avoid the blackness, I would probably enjoy it. But I think the ability to tolerate Gs is more likely genetic than age related.

I know from experience that I am susceptible to motion sickness, so I wonder about pulling Gs. I was worried about that when I began my primary training but it seems that being at the helm has some salutory effect because I have experienced none.

I think my "military" expeiences will be confined to the medical corps.
Unread 09-25-03, 08:59 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Smile Get Ride

Keven if you want that ride. Call 570-398-7738 and talk to his secrectary Linda. Tell her you are a pilot and wish to ride with Lee
in his L-39 and she will give you a date. The weather must be perfect or it will be canceled and resceduled for a later date. I had my date canceled and set up twice. The weather in Northeastern Pa. has not been to great this year. Have fun