Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Links
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-22-11, 02:02 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Talking SOAP Posters - Who and How Many??

Okay boys and girls, here's a little survey of who joined SOAP - way back when - and those posters with the MOST number of postings on the SOAP site. You'll find this interesting, and it raises the question, why is SkyKing a "registered member" since 4/17/02 with some 408 postings, but is censored and limited from posting to the general board - other than the "Links" section. What's going on here? Does common sense factor into this? Gee, maybe someone is afraid of calling a Spade a Spade? Here are the numbers in descending order:

Larry Bowdish #1 Poster - 1,423 Posts - Joined 4/16/02 (The "BIG KAHUNA!")
Herb Harney #2 Poster - 992 Posts - Joined 7/27/02 (Dangerously Modified 337!)
Kevin #3 Poster - 846 Posts - Joined 3/31/02 - last post was on 3/27/08 ("Lame Bird")
Ernie Martin #4 Poster - 827 Posts - Joined 4/16/02 (Mr. College Expert)
SkyKing #5 Poster - 408 Posts - Joined 4/17/02 (The P337 Owner with Common Sense)
Jerry DeSantis #6 Poster - 383 Posts - Joined 4/17/02 (Another P337 Owner with C.S.)
GMAS #7 Poster - 259 Posts - Joined 4/21/02 (A REAL EXPERT ON THE 337 SERIES!)
Dale Campbell #8 Poster - 243 Posts - Joined 4/17/02 (Another 337 Owner with C.S.)

There you have it, the TOP 8 posters to the SOAP site. With the exception of "Kevin" who was an early "Administrator" whose last post was on 3/27/08, and who got rid of his 337, and GMAS, the SOAP resident PRIMO EXPERT on the Skymaster who threw in the towel because of all the bickering and some of the strange recommendations on running your engines into the ground by running them "LOP" (lean of peak) by someone I can only recall as "Ass-kisser-son" and totally opposite of the TCM factory recommendations (Where's the common sense gang?), all the rest above have been actively posting. BUT, it's only SkyKing who is DISSALLOWED to post to the general board. WHY is that? Whose afraid of the big bad wolf, "SkyKing"? Gee, maybe he has something to say that might shock the conscience of all the fluoridated walking dead?

In answer to my own question, I posit that is exactly the reason!

Say it isn't so "Administrator" and "College Expert" Ernie Martin!

SkyKing/Seattle - Owner/operator of a 1977 Pressurized 337
Unread 08-22-11, 02:10 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SOAP Posters - Follow on

My apologies. I forgot to mention Bob Cook out in the islands. He posted 564 posts and joined on 4/16/02, but he hasn't posted anything since 12/3/05. I wonder if any of the "Forum Leaders" have ever bothered to check on the welfare of Bob Cook? Did he just leave the forum, or what? And why did he leave?

SkyKing
Unread 08-22-11, 09:39 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Bob Cook

Bob retired from flying several years ago. His airplane has been sold twice, since then. I have tried on several times to contact him, and the email and phone numbers I have for him don't work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: