Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-11-21, 08:02 PM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Tim,
polite suggestion, do what I did, sell the Skymaster and find an F model MU2. Way better plane, but more expensive to operate, not that much more, but more. You do get a lot for the money though, and it would be much more reliable than ANY pressurized piston twin, not to mention faster and more capable. The F model MU2 is the least expensive way to get into a turbine. If you are flying IFR year round in the northeastern US that says turbine equipment to me. I happen to know of one coming up for sale soon (not mine) that is a really nice plane (nicer than mine!). The ask will be $300K, but that is a good price for that plane. Just sayin....
Unread 07-11-21, 08:19 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
You can buy an older Cessna Citation jet for about the same money as a high-end P337 or Riley. Some people just don't want the extra complexity, operating costs, and higher insurance. Plus MU-2s have a bad reputation of eating pilots for lunch. You need to be on the top of your game to fly one. The Skymaster is sort of a La-z-boy in the sky, easy to fly. To each, their own, based on their skills, budget, and mission...