Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-23-02, 12:22 AM

0-2A Stores

0-2A s/n 67-21398 I am looking for original armament stores for this aircraft. This includes rocket launchers, fin rockets and Gatling gun pods. For air show use in case the NSA is intercepting! Any leads most welcome.
Unread 06-25-02, 09:21 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Don Nieser

I saw a plane that Don Nieser helped the guy with, and it was the award winning O-2 at OSH last year. Took best warbird, I think. I think Don helped the guy find Rocket pods. I don't know about rockets. The plane at OSH had dummied up gattling guns.

If you are going to OSH this year, you might check the warbird section. Another thought, is of course, the airforces of some other countries. Portugal has O-2's, as does El-salvador.
Unread 06-25-02, 11:00 PM

Eustacio-Chachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Graham, the air force of El Salvador has some O-2 which have been used for cadet training. I have a daughter- in- law from El Salvador and I just told her to get me in touch with major Roberto Corleto, who used to be the director general of the Civil Aviation Authority of that country about four years ago, and we became good friends. Since them he has become an instructor for the air force in El Salvador. I should get in touch with him in the next couple of days and will let you know.
Nicaragua during the Somoza regime used the O-2 but I have not seen any of them lately.
Unread 06-26-02, 12:16 AM

Many thanks for checking this out. I had heard that the Dominican Air Force still has 02's and that they were thinking of selling them. I would love to get my hands on a full set of stores for the airplane. Of course, importing this stuff might be a bit difficult but we'll worry about that later. Many thanks in advance. My serial number is 67-21398, used in Vietnam from 1967 to 1972.
Unread 06-26-02, 12:22 AM

Larry, yes, I know Don Nieser and we have been talking about what he has in his hangar. He does manufacture replica launchers and Gatling gun pods - my preference is to get the REAL thing since my 02 is an excellent example of this military airplane with all the military gear in place. I was at Sun n'Fun in Florida last April, six 02's showed up. Thanks again.
Unread 08-20-02, 11:37 AM

SUN IN FUN-02

Graham, I was in the O2 next to you... I have not forgotten the request for the company who redid my fuel selectors... just haven't dug it out of boodks yet.. The annual is coming up so I will get it then..

Darrell
N102JD/AF11122
Unread 08-26-02, 10:05 PM

Darrell, good to hear from you, I had lost your e mail address. 02 is currently in Santa Barbara and I will fly back to Florida in Oct. Hope you can find the address of the fuel controller manufacturer, would be most helpful. Thanks.
Unread 10-03-05, 07:01 PM

grahamp is an unknown quantity at this point
I own 67-21398 and was looking for the same stuff about two years ago, although I had the four hardpoints/shackles. I now have all authentic USAF dual lauch tubes and eight willie pete's, purchased from a guy in Nevada who owned a number of 02's. He also had the 7 rocket tubes in their original packing case but would not sell because these can be used on aircraft other than the 02 and he had a bunch of warbirds in his hangar. I also found a pair of mini guns in working condition for $27,000 each. I balked but should have bought them, they are worth about $250,000!!! I ran an ad in Trade a Plane for 02 stores, he was the only responder, but it might be worth a try. I'll send you a pic of the set up on the 02 if I can have your full e mail.
Unread 10-06-05, 07:34 PM

Mark McConaughy is an unknown quantity at this point
stores

I live in OKC and see Don on occasion, and visit his facility from time to time, all I can say if he doesn't have it you probably don't need it. He's got more obscure stuff than you can believe. If I can help let me know.
Unread 11-14-07, 10:08 PM

cessna02337 is an unknown quantity at this point
weapon system for O-2A

Did you you ever get the original system? Are you still looking.