Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-18-18, 12:54 PM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
To be clear

If you have a multiengine rating you log multiengine time. The FAA gives a multiengine rating and limits it to centerline thrust if the test is taken in a plane like an F-111, F/A-18, F-15, T-38, O-2A, or C-337 that has no minimum controllable airspeed. All are multiengine aircraft.

If you want to fly a conventional twin like a Baron or B-737, you bet get the CLT restriction lifted by flying an abbreviated checkride in a plane that will show MCA. The time you logged previously still counts as multiengine for advanced FAA certificates like Commercial or ATP.

If you want to buy insurance for an aircraft, the insurers will have their list of requirements and rates. I bet a 150-hour pilot will pay a higher premium to fly a Baron than a 2000 hour pilot who just got their CLT restriction removed.
Unread 03-19-18, 03:25 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
CLT rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhurt View Post
I agree. I bet all the fighter pilot guys who got centerline thrust ratings in F111s, F-15s, etc, agree too.
Fact is, I do know A10 driver that was caught up with a CLT rating and he had to retake his flight training when he got out of the Service to qualify for multi operation. So yes, if the F15 and F16 drivers only have a CLT rating and not a conventional multi rating, it applies to them too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: