Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 04-05-04, 02:20 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
There are now 28 folks registered for the Oklahoma City meeting, and a presentation on autopilots from Autopilots Central has been added to the agenda on Thursday afternoon.

It is shaping up to be a great meeting, I hope you will consider joining us there...

Kevin
Unread 04-08-04, 08:01 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Another item has been added to the agenda. For those interested, Doc Keller, from Boots Edge Repair Company will be addressing us at 17:30 Thursday for 30 minutes to talk about De-Ice boots. His company does patchless De-Ice repair, De-Ice Sales, Installations, and sells maintenance products. He is located at the PWA airport.

Boots Edge
Unread 04-09-04, 02:15 PM

Don Nieser is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma City Fly-In

For all those planning to come to Oklahoma City OK for the fly-in at Wiley Post airport::

1. Million Air (Chuck) did not tell me about any requirement for insurance untill 2 April 2004. Million Air here is known for harassing their customers. Million Air leases some of the Hangars from the city and then sub-leases them to guys like me.

2. The Clareance Page building is privately owned and Million Air has nothing to do with it. I have contracted with them to use the building during the time of the Fly-in.

3. Jerry De Santis has done a good job and has arragined with the other FBO Service Center (North) to let us park our aircraft at their facility. It is only a slight inconvience. We will be their with my van to transport everyone to the Page building which is only about 1-1/2 blocks away instead of within walking distance. We have made a number of chocks and will make sure we have enough tie-down ropes and chocks for each aircraft. Fuel is cheaper also. I will contact Enterprise for rental cars again. Please let me know haw many people and what type of rental car you want and I will arrange for them to have them avaliable

4. The Friday FAA thing is not a tour, it is CLASSROOM TRAINING PRIOR TO GOING INTO THE ALTITTUDE PRESSURE CHAMBER. Jenny Stack had originally arranged this. I had forwarded a e-mail from FAA about, but it appears not everyone saw it. They can handle 30 people for the training, but only 10 people in the pressure chamber. They need to know the number of people who want to do this (NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and only US citizens) and I need to give this info to them TODAY. You can call me any time at 405-722-4079 or 405-503-4686 cell or e-mail nieser.02.337parts@juno.com
Don Nieser
Unread 04-09-04, 10:42 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
FAA Training

Spoke to Don tonight, late, regarding the activities at the FAA Academy on Friday. He will be contacting the FAA on Monday to attempt to add any one to the list of folks for this training. His message indicates that the information needs to be in by today, but some of us may not have received the information in time to respond early enough. Hopefully the FAA will work with us. So go ahead and contact Don if you are interested.
Unread 04-10-04, 12:54 PM

Don, Jim, Jenny, Somebody,

Will the altitude chamber thing run beyond 8:30 in the morning on Friday? If so, we are scheduling two events at the same time, what is up with that? Jim and Owen plan to speak that morning, and then we have the The Prop Shop tour. It would be a drag to have them speaking to an empty room...

I am probably overreacting, but I am trying to understand the various inputs I am getting...

Kevin
Unread 04-10-04, 11:39 PM

Don Nieser has provided the following information about the altitude chamber training, originally set up by Jenny Stack.

"The PRESSURE CHAMBER classroom training is mandatory before the Pressure chamber ride. It all will be at the FAA facility in south Oklahoma City (FAA Mike Monroney Center on south MacAurthur Blvd.) We must be at the FAA by 0730 Fri. morning. They can handle 30 people in the training,but only 10 in the pressure chamber. The classroom training and the pressure chamber ride will take about 3 hours. The travel time to the FAA center is about 20 minutes from Wiley Post Airport. Don Nieser 405-722-4079 405-503-4686 cell"

So we are double scheduling this activity with the morning program at the meeting. If you attend this, then you will miss Jim Stack's presentation on Skymaster ADs, and Owen Bell's mod presentation, and possibly the The Prop Shop tour.

I don't have an details about arranging transportation to and from the training.

Don requests you contact him IMMEDIATELY at the phone numbers above if you wish to attend the training/chamber ride.

Kevin
Unread 04-14-04, 08:36 AM
Web Master

Projector

I can bring one, is anyone else bringing a projector for presentations?
Unread 04-21-04, 04:13 PM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Meeting

Due to family emergency, I have the kid and can't make the meeting. Have a good time all. I'm bummed! Walt, thanks for the offer of the ride but I won't be able to go along.

Hugh
Unread 04-23-04, 08:26 AM
Web Master

It's not a good thing when the town you are visiting is featured on the weather channel.

The hail storm was impressive. Lots of good presenters, but alas I can't connect my computer so pictures and things will have to wait until Sunday when I return home.

The meeting yesterday was fantastic, the discussions over dinner have been great, looking forward to day.

Can't say the weather has been great, but it hasn't been bad either, well, since Wednesday afternoon.

You folks are missing a great meeting.
Unread 04-23-04, 09:55 AM

Kevin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Larry thanks for the update hope to make it next time in my own Skymaster. Should be here next week.
Kevin B
Unread 04-25-04, 04:19 PM

Thread closed

Hi folks,

Jerry has requested comments on the April 2004 meeting in this message thread:

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...&threadid=1061

Please go there to make comments. This thread is closed.

Thanks,

Kevin
webmaster
Closed Thread