Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-09-12, 05:10 PM

sonyalex is on a distinguished road
337 ownership

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alex and I have a question for you owners of the 337.

I currently own a 2007 Cirrus SR20gts I have 280 hrs and will have my certificate 2yrs in January 2013. I will hopefully start my IFR training in the next 3 months.

I really love the 337 because of my mission. I have been twin crazy for a while and my wife and I have a place in AZ. I live in a suburb nw of Chicago and based at KPWK.

I feel the 337 has all the pieces I’m looking for I don’t need to tell you folks what they are because you know.

Thing is this everybody I talk to about this plane tells me I must be crazy to even think of owning one because it’s plagued by maintenance problems beyond belief. (you should see what I had to deal with in the Cirrus)

The reason why I’m thinking of one again is because I met a mechanic that absolutely loves them and the 3 or 4 he maintains are in great condition he said. Once you have the bird up to snuff he said it’s no different from anything else he said. With good maintenance you will be fine. Of course I told this to a friend and he said yeah he can’t wait to charge you to fix it. WHATEVER….

My instructor who has over 7k hours and all kinds of ratings didn’t have a bad thing to say about it in fact he loves the plane and has 250 hrs in one.

So my questions
What are peoples experiences with the plane as far as maintenance?
Maybe your experience after you bought your plane and then once it was where your wanted it what was your experience then?
I like pressurization so what extra maint. am I looking at there.
Turbo would be a plus especially because my plan is to fly west for the winters.
If there is anything else you would like to add that would be great.

Thank you all in advance,
Alex Kottoulas