Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-05-12, 11:02 AM

kdiel11 is on a distinguished road
New Skymaster Owner

I would like to introduce myself. I am Kevin Diel. I just purchased N2334S over the Thanksgiving weekend and me and a friend flew it from Red Bluff, CA to Carlsbad and then west to UCLA (upper corner lower Alabama). The Fort Rucker area to be more precise. I have my commercial instrument RW license that I have never used and will now need to transition into FW and the 337 to be more precise (is there an echo in here?). If you haven't picked up on it yet, I was formerly an Army Aviator, then went to the dark side and went to medical school and became a Flight Surgeon. And now I have gone even further into the dark side and am an FAA AME. 2334s came out of annual just before I picked it up. One engine is at about 400 while the other is about 1200ish. Its a turbo with factory installed O2 bottles. It flew home from Red Bluff without incident. I can't wait to start getting instruction in it. I have delayed introducing myself until I read through nearly every thread on this site. I know that I won't remember everything, but I have a pretty good memory and will be able to say, "I read something about that in SOAPA." And then I will use the search engine to find it. I haven't heard anything about this years' meeting. Have you decided where? When? I hope I will be able to fly myself there in 34S. The instrument panel was completely replaced with EI. It is pretty impressive, Ill try to take some pics of it and forward them. there is almost too much information off of the temp system. Still trying to master it. I have old fuel gauges and really don't care if they work or not. I usually always fill up after a flight (old army habit).
About being an AME. As a flight surgeon, it was my role to PRESERVE THE FIGHTING FORCE and not to ground pilots for anything. I took that role very seriously and as long as safety was not compromised, I always kept them flying until my hands were tied. I have the same mentality with helping pilots get and keep their medicals. If anyone ever needs some advice or even a physical, I am only an e-mail away at k.diel_amc@yahoo.com. Look forward to many more exchanges with you all. KD

P.S. Yes we now have yet another Kevin in the forum!