Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 01-29-11, 11:01 PM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
"Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry De Santis View Post
Thank you Ernie, nice to her from you again. And, thank you Larry for your wise response.

Larry, you are correct not to get into details nor will I. However Ernie, Just to set the record straight, you reasoning why AE is not listed on the web site listing page is in error. It predates many of the people that now enjoy this site today and even predates Larry as the webmaster. But enough of that.

For the sake of all you good readers on this web site, when it comes to after market changes to our aircraft, soundly check the vendor out completely. BBB, FAA record etc. Don't jist take other peoples opinion of the vendor. They may not have all the facts. Remember, when you and your loved ones are flying in the plane, the vendor is not with you. There are some very good after market vendors out there and likewise some not so good!

Jerry
Thank you guys for putting up this website. I appreciate the posting of information about the old aircraft we fly and maintain. With all due respect though: This information is absolutely useless.

My 337C is currently in Owen Bell's hangar getting air conditioning, a rear engine cooling mod, and a cargo pod installed. Should I abort the project or not? Is there another source for Skymaster A/C or rear engine cooling mod?

Is there a way to search the FAA record for actions against companies or individuals? Are there any against Aviation Enterprises or Owen? What exactly is the concern with AE? Fill us in. Is it bad tip tanks? Aren't the Flint tanks subject to similar speed limitations? What about the O-2 at Avon Park? Maybe Cessna made a mistake.

Did you pay too much for something? Did you buy a used engine part and then he didn't warranty the entire engine when the used part damaged it? Would you pay for all the repairs to an airplane's wings when you had no way of knowing if the Va limitations were followed?

Until I have more information I will continue to use my own observations to formulate how I regard Owen: A guy who loves Skymasters and is willing to put a large amount of his energy and resources into making them better and keeping them flying.

Randy Hurt
Unread 01-30-11, 07:20 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
it's your money

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhurt View Post
Thank you guys for putting up this website. I appreciate the posting of information about the old aircraft we fly and maintain. With all due respect though: This information is absolutely useless.

Until I have more information I will continue to use my own observations to formulate how I regard Owen: A guy who loves Skymasters and is willing to put a large amount of his energy and resources into making them better and keeping them flying.

Randy Hurt
Randy, like all of us, you make your decisions based on your observations. If it is working for you, that's great.
Unread 01-30-11, 12:31 PM

Gord Tessier is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

I think I will let the AD that specifically mentions AE speak for itself. "unsafe condition" . It is located at the very top of this post by Larry. It's from the FAA. As well as comments made by the structural engineers who had to undue the damage caused by shoddy installation work which included drilling through spar caps and bending/cutting ribs. They had never seen such poor workmanship. This isn't about a badly designed mod. It's about all the poor installation jobs that were done in installing the mod. The damage was done at installation.
For my part I have given AE the opportunity to pay for the damage and only the damage that they caused. Nothing more. No fuel, no loss of enjoyment etc. They have blown me off so now it's in the hands of my lawyers.
I would get your work done quickly if I were you. The facts are there. It's all in the AD.

Last edited by Gord Tessier : 01-30-11 at 01:01 PM.
Unread 01-30-11, 12:37 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
ae

Randy, it is your choice who you get your work done by. I truly wish you good luck and pray that you have thousands of hours of safe flying.

Jerry