Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-06-22, 08:39 AM

Learjetter is on a distinguished road
Flap/Flight Control SAIB (Jan 2022)

Just FYSA:

FAA released SAIB on 337 flap and flight control cables recommending thorough inspections. SAIB CE-13-27R1 attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CE-13-27R1.pdf (198.2 KB, 472 views)
Unread 01-10-22, 09:20 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post Learjetter. I'm a FAAST Rep and it came down through the pipeline to get the word out.

"The FAA recently received a report of a failed flap extend cable. The failure occurred on approach when the flaps were deployed to 45 degrees. The sudden retraction of the right flap caused the airplane to roll about 80 degrees to the right. The pilot was unable to retract the left flap, but was able to maintain control with the assistance of a passenger, divert to another airport, and land safely by utilizing almost full left aileron control. The report stated the cable was original (over 4,800 flight hours), and the most recent 100-hour inspection had been completed approximately 10 flight hours prior to cable failure."

I've tried to attach Section 8 "Wing Flap Control System" from my '77G service manual but the upload fails despite being only half the size of the upload limit. There was a revision in 2004 specific to the Wing Flap Cable changing the period from 200-hours to every 100-hours.