Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-05-04, 04:57 PM
Keven

Sending Unit from Rear Engine to Tach

Anyone have two of these gems or does anyone have a part number?

It's for an IO360D on my 1966 337A, going to a standard, original tach head for rear engine.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem. When you switch the rear engine to the front tach, no reading. When you switch the front engine to the rear tach, there is a reading.

Thanks,

Keven
________
LAMBORGHINI V12

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:07 PM.
Unread 04-05-04, 06:03 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Tach Problem

Keven
It is a long from the rear mag to the tach in the dash ! Are you sure the wire is ok ? Did you disconect the pick-up leads near the mag and check the pick-up for continuity. If it is ok then check the wire from there to the tach. As for buying a new pick-up "good luck" When mine broke I repaired it, it took me a couple of days because after I removed the coating from the outside of the pick-up (that took about 4 hours) I had to solder a lead back to the winding, and the winding is made of wire smaller than a human hair (that also took a long time). I screwed it back in the mag, hooked it up, started the engine, an "WALLA" it worked. Sometime later I was in the avionics repair shop and the guy was looking for something in a drawer ( I was looking over his shoulder ) when I saw a pick-up laying in the drawer, I ask him if he would sell it to me and he said no but he would give it to me ( I excepted of course ). I installed it in place of my repaired one and it is still working fine. If the pick-up is bad and you can't find one and you don't want to convert it to the newer type that runs off a second set of points in the mag, bring it to OKC with you and we will see if we can fix it.
Fred N358
Unread 04-13-04, 07:59 PM

docbob is an unknown quantity at this point
The part number is 10-187065-1.
The last time I needed one El Reno in OKC had them