Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-01-22, 08:21 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by n86121 View Post
Username and email not found
If I create a new account, I assume my history will be lost?

Should I wait for old history/account to be merged, or create new anyway?

Thanks?
Are you using the "Old Message" board or the new one at 337pilot.com?
The old one is located at 337pilot.com/messages.
Unread 01-01-22, 08:26 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Migrated Forum

I might have accidently introduced some confusion and for that I apologize. This bulletin board won't be disappearing.

I did "migrate" this message board to 337pilot.com/messages. There is also a link for the "OLD" message board at 337pilot.com and another for the "new message board."

I intended to keep the old one intact but eventually move it to a "read only mode" at 337pilot.com then have people create a new account on the new board.

Just wanted to make sure this was clarified. :-)
Unread 01-01-22, 09:36 PM

Rick Erwin is on a distinguished road
I was using the new web site.
Unread 01-02-22, 03:12 PM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your effort! I'm not able to use my login credentials to log in to the new site.

Name:  phpbb pilot.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  27.4 KB

I appreciate your efforts! I have a couple of phpBB forums, not aviation-related, and understand the effort that goes into this endeavor. However, one thing to realize about phpBB is that it appeals to two groups; those that need it on the "community" side and those that enjoy writing code. The latter group has the most significant influence on the product, meaning that there is a constant flow of updates; much more than really are needed.
Unread 01-07-22, 07:50 AM

TimJ is on a distinguished road
Mooneyspace platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
Beechtalk is an established, successful forum that we can look to for examples of what works. For one, it doesn't log you out after five minutes of inactivity like this site.

They have "Sponsor" members who get a square on a banner that's on every page. Sponsors also get the right to post listings in the "For Sale" section. They use an algorithm that lets frequent and trusted posters post For Sale listings for free, but they have a $50 paid listing option for those who don't meet the criteria.

Beechtalk Sponsors pay $200 per month. The traffic on Beechtalk is easily 20x that of 337skymaster.com, so you couldn't charge $200 per month, but maybe $10 per month or so?

I just checked with an internet traffic report company, and Beechtalk averages 5600 unique visitors per month, while 337skymaster only averages 234 unique visitors per month. So we do about 4% of the volume.
I agree that beechtalk is an excellent platform however it might not be possible to do it like they do because of size. Mooneyspace is smaller then beechtalk but still quite a bit bigger the here.

They do advertising but also offer you the option to be a supporter for about $20 a year. I still support them even though I don't own a Mooney because the information on there about TSIO-360 engines. No beechcraft product ever had them so Mooneyspace is superior to beechtalk regarding most skymaster engine information?

I dont know anything about running a web forum but I would pay ($100?) to get a modern platform here created and then a yearly ($20?) to keep it going. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong but I would think it wouldn't take many supporters to cover the costs.