Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-25-02, 04:10 PM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Second Reply To Elect. Problem

The components where replaced one at a time over 1.5 years. Not all at once. We where chasing a intermittant problem it was there and then it disappeared. First one alternator would go off line, than the next time the other would go off line. Lights always blinking. The Parallel regulators, new system, was just installed 2 days ago, with the new rear alternator. The A&P told me that the alternator failed internally & the brushes would hang, also something came loose inside alternator. That is the alternator that had the lord coupler changed last year. The landing gear down locks now snap in much faster & the blinking lights stopped.
To answer another question. My home base is uncontrolled with mountains on three sides 2,000 feet above runway. I start cooling engines 10 minutes out, get most of items checked on check list , get first knotch of flaps out before desending over mountains to airport, get speed down to 100 knots, drop gear down as I turn down wind. Thats the way I have been trained by instructor. He has owned a 337 for over 10 years, a 25,000 hour pilot. What more can I tell you.

Last edited by Dale Campbell : 10-25-02 at 04:19 PM.