Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-12-18, 09:53 AM

tomcomet is on a distinguished road
2 New Engines & High Temps

So I recently replaced both my 40 year old past TBO IO 360Gs with factory remanufactured IO 360 GB2Bs on my 1977 Reims F337G. I had a cracked cylinder in the rear and that led us down the rabbit hole of seeing the badly worn cam lobes and... It was a tough pill to swallow but I hope to enjoy these engines for a long, long time.

I am 15+ hours into the break in process and still seeing what I consider to be alarmingly high CHTs, particularly during TO. We did have a baffling issue in the rear that has just been fixed but didn't seem to make much of a difference. I need to have my cowl flaps full or partially open ALL THE TIME which doesn't seem right, especially considering that It is NOT hot up here in Ontario Canada these days (just above 0C).

Here is the data from my last flight: https://savvyanalysis.com/flight/280...7-d01a7f6f5daa

I just really need to ensure that I am not missing anything and that I am not damaging these valuable engines that I will be paying off for quite some time. Perhaps there are some greater minds than mine who have some valuable input on this situation.

Thank you all in advance!

TC