Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-20-23, 05:18 PM

TomM is on a distinguished road
Fuel Flow Transmitter Location

Good afternoon all! I have searched the forum and I did not find what I was looking for. I am working on a front engine replacement and in the process I want to install a fuel flow monitor (JPI 450M). From what the instructions say, the transducer can be installed either between the fuel pump and throttle body or the throttle body and the fuel divider. The hose between the pump and throttle is longer and seems there would be more room/flexibility.

The posts I did find the guys noted mounting the transducer between the throttle and flow divider and clamped it to the intake runner - not a ton of room there. If anyone has pictures of their installation that would be great! Works much better than just talking about it.

Thank you!
Unread 03-20-23, 10:19 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
On our T337H’s I would remove the stainless line between the throttle body and the flow divider and replace it with the transducer and 2 #4flex lines @3.5 in long.
My engines were TSIO360HB The total length was about 12 ins. and didn’t need any support.
Unread 03-21-23, 09:15 AM

TomM is on a distinguished road
Thanks Kim!

On my set up (doesnt mean it is right) that line runs under the injector lines and there isn't much room. But looking at the bends in the injector lines, it almost looks like that hose should run right along side the fuel supply and return hoses. In that case, I think your configuration would seem to fit right in.

The fuel flow set up has not arrived yet. Once I get it and put the fittings on I will check the bend radius for the short hoses and see if it will all fit in there next to the other 2 fuel lines. I would have to check with the air filter on, but I dont think there would be enough room to locate it on top of the supply/return lines, I think it would have to be located right next to them.

Thanks for the input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel line location.jpg (739.7 KB, 243 views)
Unread 03-22-23, 05:35 AM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
It did run on top of those 2 hoses and all 3 were under the injector lines. I did have to change the clock angle of the fitting on the throttle body to make a nice graceful curve. On our 337E the transducer was mounted on the intake runner above the#1 cylinder with adel clamps and then hoses to fit

Last edited by Kim Geyer : 03-22-23 at 05:43 AM.
Unread 04-09-23, 09:14 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I installed a JPI 790 with fuel flow a year ago. Here is how I mounted my flow transducer. I did have to use a 90 degree fitting after the transducer. With the fittings on, I kind of planned the location of the transducer and measured the distance for the flexible fuel lines. Had "Aircraft Hose Store" make the new shorter lines. Made sure things were mounted with clearance from the cowling.

Name:  jpi flow transducer.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  36.6 KB

Last edited by wslade2 : 04-09-23 at 09:18 AM.