Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-15-12, 07:14 AM

billsheila is an unknown quantity at this point
I have not noticed it after the plane has been sitting, it has shown up (inconsistently) after a landing. I am not clear if the one door is opening in flight on the up cycle...I did not notice an out of trim situation. So maybe it is just on the down cycle?

I searched the forum here where Skymstr02 writes as follows:
The "G"'s (1973 and up) hydraulic systems are different from the earlier 337's and O-2's. The early and military cylinders are internally different in that they have a retracted lock mechanism that locks them in the retracted position without hydraulic pressure, and the later cylinders do not have or need this. This may pose a problem if used on the later model airplanes. The later model airplanes also have a hydraulic accumulator that the early airplanes do not have.

So Herb when you note a main door lock is that what you are referring to (ie some kind of a lock mechanism in the actuator?). I dont see any other kind of lock under there, but I intend to go down to the plane this morning and have a closer look. Re the power pack, with a pile of earlier hassle with gear hydraulics, I did have the power pack replaced with a rebuilt unit a few years ago. It was an exchange situation, so I could check my logs to find out the serial number of the pack that was installed. If I got that number would that tell us whether I have a thermal expansion valve or not?