Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-26-05, 08:34 PM

birddog is an unknown quantity at this point
power cart

Any recomendations on a type of power cart for the P337H model.Can you power the avionics with a power cart? If not any recomendations for altenate power for the avionics while practicing or preprograming the FMS.Thanks.
________
Starcraft Rep

Last edited by birddog : 04-09-11 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 12-27-05, 11:44 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Woh there Mr. heavy mettle!!!

If ya just call Garrett and have them send ya the STC'ed APU you shouldent have any problems!

Sorry... Couldent help it! Just wondering if you actuall have an FMS on board?

My Pressurized Skymaster Owners Manual informes me that the batt should be on before plugging in GP. When GP is energized a relay will open isolating the ships "electronics" to prevent damage to ships "transistors" while still providing power for engine start and other electrical system support! Checkout page 7-1 in the "AFM"!

_travis

Sorry for rippen on ya...
Unread 01-02-06, 11:02 PM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to tractor supply, bought a flatbed wagon for around $80, and two 12 V marine dual purpose (starting/trolling) deep cycle batteries ($60 each) and a battery charger ($40). You just connect the batteries in series, and you've got 24V.This made a nice APU for the 337.
Unread 01-02-06, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by travis

If ya just call Garrett and have them send ya the STC'ed APU you shouldent have any problems!

My Pressurized Skymaster Owners Manual informes me that the batt should be on before plugging in GP. When GP is energized a relay will open isolating the ships "electronics" to prevent damage to ships "transistors" while still providing power for engine start and other electrical system support! Checkout page 7-1 in the "AFM"!

_travis

________
LovelyWendie99

Unread 01-03-06, 12:16 AM

No problema.Radio shop installed a garmin 500 in a CE 560 that I fly and dog gone if they didn't label it FMS 2.( Had to comply with the GPWS thing.) The darn thing does everything the UNS-1c only better.(FMS #1)Do we need to advise this heavy metal radio shop they are miss labeling these approved installations?Oh yea, the 337 has two Garmins and FMS was easier to type. Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Quote:

_travis

________
Chrysler Valiant Charger History

Unread 01-03-06, 12:34 AM

Kyle, thanks for the advice. The search site on this and the AFM state that the avionics are isolated with a APU plugged in. Are you connecting directly to the battery?
BD

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleTownsend
I went to tractor supply, bought a flatbed wagon for around $80, and two 12 V marine dual purpose (starting/trolling) deep cycle batteries ($60 each) and a battery charger ($40). You just connect the batteries in series, and you've got 24V.This made a nice APU for the 337.
________
Kawasaki Kdx220A

Unread 01-03-06, 01:32 PM

Should have referenced recent TAWS mandate vs GPWS on my reply. Best regards. Birddog
QUOTE]Originally posted by travis

_travis

[/quote]
________
Housewives Webcams

Last edited by birddog : 04-09-11 at 04:58 PM.
Unread 01-03-06, 07:39 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you tried the simulator on the Garmin site? It works pretty well!
Unread 01-04-06, 03:13 PM

Yea, but every system is a little different and I enjoy sitting in the aircraft working this stuff. (if possable) Thanks for the reference though.
Quote:
Have you tried the simulator on the Garmin site? It works pretty well!
________
Buy cannabis seeds

Unread 01-04-06, 04:28 PM

Pete Somers is an unknown quantity at this point
Re GPU

Birddog

The battery is isolated by a relay when the GPU is plugged into the airplane.
Avionics are isolated on the 337G by the avionics master switch. If you do not have an avionics master, the avionics are isolated by a diode and a avionics buss relay, this relay isolates the avionics buss when you operate the starter.
Starting the 337G with a flat battery and getting the battery online is no problem as long as the ALT RESTART batteries are OK.
The setup Kyle has in more than capable of providing the power you need and if you run a charger across the batteries when using it , saves it going flat.
We used this setup for starting Citations and Lears.
Saves a lot of money!!!

Pete
Unread 01-04-06, 05:26 PM

Re: Re GPU

This is very helpful. My interest is to be able to plug in to a power cart and preflight, review wx and get ATIS/Clearance/FMS prior to engine start. I have the avionics master switch which I interpet would allow me to accomplish some preflight items prior to start with power hooked up. If so Kyle's suggestion is a big help. I've been cautioned about engine over heating and thought the power cart might save some wear and tear. Thanks for the input.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Somers
Birddog

The battery is isolated by a relay when the GPU is plugged into the airplane.
Avionics are isolated on the 337G by the avionics master switch. If you do not have an avionics master, the avionics are isolated by a diode and a avionics buss relay, this relay isolates the avionics buss when you operate the starter.
Starting the 337G with a flat battery and getting the battery online is no problem as long as the ALT RESTART batteries are OK.
The setup Kyle has in more than capable of providing the power you need and if you run a charger across the batteries when using it , saves it going flat.
We used this setup for starting Citations and Lears.
Saves a lot of money!!!

Pete
________
Wendie 99