Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-24-05, 01:33 AM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
Airtex Delivers

Several months ago, I ordered some new carpet from Airtex for the Skymaster. After it came in, I let it sit around for a couple of months before attempting to install it. When I did install it, I went ahead and cut holes, etc. before noticing that the center section of carpet appeared to be wrong for my aircraft (it was made for the older style center-row seats whereas my plane has the side-rail mounted seat).

When I contacted Airtex, I was prepared for a big hastle. After all, I hadn't returned the carpet within the return time, and I hadn't properly inspected it before cutting the holes.

Much to my surprise, they immediately offered to send me a complete replacement carpet at no charge. Even when I suggested we should split the cost, they insisted on providing the replacement free of charge.

It is rare to get customer service like this from anyone now days; let alone an "economy" priced vendor like Airtex. So, I wanted to share my positive experience and pass on the good word.

Kyle

PS: Apparently, the problem was caused by the fact that the seat style changed during my model year. I can see where it was an easy mistake to make.
Unread 11-24-05, 11:24 AM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
We had a similar incident with Airtex several years ago when we replaced carpeting in our Skymaster. Our shop started the install shortly after the carpet arrived. I don't remember exactly what the problem was but I know it didn't fit.

I, too, expected a hassle but was pleasently surprised to find that Airtex replaced the carpet with no arguement at all. They even paid for express shipment and we had the replacement here either the next day or two days later. I don't remember exactly but I remember being very pleased with Airtex's attitude and service.

It is good to see that they still support their product so well.

KUDO'S to AIRTEX!
Unread 11-24-05, 04:26 PM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've installed six airtex interiors, complete, side wall panels, seat cushion covers, headliners, carpets on Cessna's and Pipers. Have had nothing bad to report, and the customer service is second to none.