Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Flight Instruction and Recurrent Training
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-18-23, 10:25 PM

Shanmoon is on a distinguished road
MEI to accompany/ferry from FL to NC

I'm purchasing a 337. Since all my prior multi time is in Barons, my insurance is requiring 10 hours with an MEI that meets the open pilot clause for my policy: 1,000 hours total time and 250 hours in multi-engine aircraft and 10 hours in 337 Skymasters. Alternatively, they have stated they can approve an MEI with fewer hours overall but more Skymaster time on a case-by-case basis.

I'm located in the greater Charlotte NC area, and will either need the MEI to spend 10 hours with me in Florida, or to come with me from Spruce Creek in Florida to either SVH (Statesville NC or KVUJ Stanley County, NC). Hoping for this weekend (April 22/23), but next weekend (April 29/30) is more likely. The plane just came out of its annual inspection and is ready to fly.

Another option: If there is an MEI that meets these requirements in Tampa or Tallahassee Florida, I have family in both cities, and we could take the plane to either location and get 10 hours of training done in Florida and I could then fly home to NC myself.

Last edited by Shanmoon : 04-18-23 at 10:39 PM.